DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Dan Weber: Award Winning Songwriter seeking Private Showcases
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

12/5/2017 at 11:41:48 PM GMT
Dan Weber: Award Winning Songwriter seeking Private Showcases

Dan Weber

Category of Folk: Traditional Folk/Americana, Storyteller

Email:  highway142@comcast.net

Phone: 360-737-7737

Description of Music

I’m a former Park Ranger and a Storyteller at heart. I’m an old-school Troubadour and tour extensively and I still love a good campfire and sleeping under the stars. I'd Love to be considered to play in your Private Showcase!

Here’s what some other nice folks have said about me:

“I love Dan’s songs and he tells really good stories.”

- Ramblin’ Jack Elliott, Legendary Folk Troubadour

“Guthrie-esque and reminiscent of early John Prine”

- Mike Davies, Fatea Magazine, UK

"A GREAT storyteller. Insightful, engaging and awfully funny!"
- Catherine Wood, Concert at the Woods

“A rare combination of wit, emotion and vivid, Harry Chapin-esque imagery.”

- Rick Foster, The Sun Chronicle

“4 Stars: The touch of a true Master Craftsman Songwriter.”

- Alan Cackett, Maverick Magazine, UK

"A master storyteller with a great sense of humor."
- Craig Bernhardt, Beggar’s Banquet Concerts

"Where his genius truly lies is in his ability to connect and uplift an audience."

- Denice Bruce, Badger Mountain Sessions

Bio:

Award Winning songwriter Dan Weber has been described as “The Classic Mid-Life Overnight Sensation.” A gifted storyteller & engaging performer, Weber won the prestigious Winfield NewSong contest for his tribute to Woody Guthrie & is a rare 3 time finalist in the legendary Kerrville New Folk contest. An ex-Park Ranger, Eagle Scout, Altar boy and lifelong ‘Deadhead’, he left his Rochester, NY hometown in 1989 in a beat-up ‘78 Pontiac Trans-Am with ‘a guy named Joe’ he’d met in a bar the night before, and never looked back.

Weber began performing later in life but quickly won over audiences with his upbeat performances and off-the-cuff hilarious stories from the many roads he’s traveled. His songs have been described as “Guthrie-esque and reminiscent of early John Prine” and “insightful and awfully funny”. None other than legendary Folk troubadour Ramblin’ Jack Elliott said “I love Dan’s songs and he tells really good stories.” Born in Rochester, NY, he now lives in Vancouver, WA.

Attached Images:

Last edited Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal