DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
General Discussion Members Forum
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
South West Folk Conference - Austin 0 M. Dolciamore First time attending, need to find out how to submit for a showcase, their website is not showing anything. I thought it wasn't open yet. Little help?
by M. Dolciamore
Friday, May 12, 2017
What fingerstyle guitarists are coming to conference-or not? 5 T. Yeager Hi Tom........It sounds like you might really like Jim Page....www.jimpage.net. Jim and I (his partner Katy) are hosting the Whose World Is This? Showcase in room 747 thurs-fri-sat eve. Jim will open Sat and Sun eve at 10:30 for a 25 minute set. And he is on at 12:30 on Thurs eve. Jim has a few other showcase spots too ---the times which escape me but they will be in the little guidebook. We missed the deadline for the Official showcase applications but there are still chances to see Jim at the eve indies. He is a seasoned songwriter, guitar player with tons of chops and is a riveting performer. I hope we see you in room 747!
by J. Page
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Bed available at the Sheridan Wednesday Feb 15 0 P. Maloney Found myself without a roomie for the Wednesday.  Friendly Canadian looking for someone to split the cost of the room.  - Pat
by P. Maloney
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
East Coast bilingual Group Dos XX seek venue oppotunities 0 J. Zell Dos XX (pronounced just like the beer)! Gringa Grooves from the Heart - join the Revolution Colleen Kattau & Jane Zell are Dos XX Socially conscious modern folk with a Latin flair. Kattau is a bi-lingual singer/songwriter whose music joins rhythms of Latin America with her own roots in rock and folky jazz-laced compositions. Her innovative poetic lyrics cover a wide and varied range from soulful sensual songs to rise-up-and-change-the-world anthems. Dos XX blends Zell’s bluesy flair with Kattau’s passion for world music rhythms and the pair's vocal stylings to create music that leaps out of the ordinary and gets audiences moving.
by J. Zell
Saturday, February 4, 2017
Trad artists, too, are needed in Texas 0 T. Yeager We're also looking for traditional artists for our series.  There's not a big market in Houston for trad music except trad blues and bluegrass, and I'll leave those style to other hosts.  I'm trying to gently expose our Philistines to the old Appalachian sound and to its English, Scottish, and Irish origins.   If you are such an artist (at the conference or not) do, please, identify yourself publicly and privately.   Tom Yeager Songbird Sanctuary Houston, TX 
by T. Yeager
Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Folk Alliance International, 509 Delaware St #101, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal