DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artists
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Example! - The Weavers Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International The Weavers Contact Info Phone: 816-555-5555 Email: noreply@folk.org Category of Folk: Traditional Location: New York Description of Music We're an American folk music quartet based in the Greenwich Village area of New York City. We sing traditional folk songs from around the world, as well as blues, gospel music, children's songs, labor songs, and American ballads.  We'd love to play your private showcase, contact us! Check out our website for more info.
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Instructions - Read this if you want to get booked. Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International The purpose of this forum is to provide a list of artists, regularly updated, and sent to private showcase presenters for review. The presenters are sent a digest of the new posts every week to review. Before you create a post for your act, read the instructions below and review the "Example - Weavers" post. Step 1: To create a post for your act, sign into your profile, go to the forum page (under NEWS) and click "New Topic".    *In the digest sent to presenters, the first thing you type gets sent to them in a condensed version, so we recommend the following template to get your info to presenters clearly. See the "Example! - The Weavers" post. Step 2: Subject: Your Act's Name Step 3: Attach Video: Paste the embed code from your video (Optional) Step 4: Contact Phone, Contact Email, Category of Folk, Location Step 5: A Biography or description of your music and a link to your website or EPK.   In order to keep presenters from being flooded and overwhelmed by artist emails, we do not post contact info for the presenters. This post is your best line of communication with them. Make sure to check for errors, and monitor your contact information closely. Good Luck! ~ FAI Team
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Molly Venter & Goodnight Moonshine 0 M. Venter   Contact Phone: 512-569-3384 Contact Email: molly@redmolly.com Category of Folk: Indie Folk Pop Location: New Haven, CT Molly Molly Venter (of Red Molly) & Eben Pariser (of Roosevelt Dime) explore relationship - particularly post-honeymoon, post-child relationship - in all it's heart opening and door slamming glory. The new album "I'm the only one who will tell you, you're bad" releases in February. "Funny, smart, sexual, raw, honest, mature, witty" -says our parents. We'd love to bring our trio to your showcase! Many Thanks
by M. Venter
7 hours ago
Amelie Patterson Poet Laureate and Song writer Debuts at FAI 2018 0 A. Patterson Hailing from Banff, Alberta, and serving as the town’s first Poet Laureate, Amelie Patterson leads as a strong ambassador for women songwriters. She would love to be considered for a showcase in your room at 2018 FAI. Below is a bio - stream her album at https://soundcloud.com/ameliepattersonmusic/sets/roll-honey-roll-1 or check out her website at www.ameliepattersonmusic.com   The clear-voiced, honest and tenacious troubadour’s music traverses territories from blues to folk rock. Her debut album Roll Honey Roll was released in May 2016 at Canadian Music Week, and went on to win YYC Alternative Recording of The Year in 2017. Patterson then took to the road touring across Canada hitting stages at Calgary Folk Music Festival, The Banff Centre for Creative Arts, TED Talks, as well as small venues across Alberta and BC. The first single off the album, “Tic Tac Blues” was featured in 509 Productions winter edit for pro snowmobile competitor Nadine Overwater. On the story behind the music, Patterson explains:   “It’s about pushing yourself to keep going after what you love, no matter how tough. I love the chorus ‘step baby step, you move just like the rest, until you roll honey roll and do what you do best’. It’s about taking baby steps towards your dreams, and being so authentically you that it’s all you can be”.   As an aspiring performer, songwriter and producer, Patterson is constantly working towards her career goals. Over the past 4 years, the aspiring songstress has completed two music residencies at the Banff Centre for Creative Arts, Canada’s Music Incubator’s Artist Entrepreneur Program, Judy Stakee’s Songwriting Retreat and featured in Air Canada's Enroute Magazine.   Patterson has been involved with not-for-profits advocating for mental health and addiction, including The Prophets of Music, Pink Shirt Day, and I Will Survive. In 2016, Patterson’s residency with the Banff Centre produced a collaborative initiative with other artists to fundraise for The Prophets of Music Society. Participating artists have been writing, filming, and recording music in anticipation of the launch in 2018, where 100% of proceeds from online sales will be directed to the society.   Patterson is currently writing and working on a comprehensive new recording project that will include collaborations with musicians and producers from all over the country. She performs with her band based in Calgary, Alberta.
by A. Patterson
7 hours ago
Logan McKillop 0 L. McKillop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7yYyLh9X0   Genre: Storytelling Prairie Folk Location: Onanole, Manitoba, Canada Website: www.loganmckillop.com Phone: (204) 848-0344 Email: loganmckillop@hotmail.com   "Logan is a songwriter who connects with audiences...putting himself in others' shoes and singing stories that could have easily been theirs" - Broose Tulloch, UMFM Logan McKillop is a songwriter, guitarist and storyteller from the small town of Onanole, Manitoba, Canada. Between touring from coast to coast throughout Canada, having released an impressive 20 song debut album, and being a sought-after accompanist/recording artist, Logan is quickly becoming a staple in Manitoba’s folk/roots music scene. "If you want to know what contemporary Canadian Prairie roots music sounds like, listen to this album" - Barry Hammond, Penguin Eggs Being a modern day traveling troubadour, Logan has covered a lot of ground with no signs of slowing down. From the open roads of Canada, the highlands of Scotland, to the rugged tundra of Baffin Island, Logan's travels and experiences continue to shape his ever-expanding catalogue of sound. With a tune for every occasion, whether it’s a raucous Saturday night or a quiet Sunday afternoon, his honest storytelling and gifted musicianship will leave you captivated. Logan is currently recording his sophomore album which is set to be released in the summer of 2018.   Press Kit: https://loganmckillop.com/press-kit (password is "anchorless") Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/loganmckillopmusic/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/loganmckillop/
by L. McKillop
8 hours ago
Back In The Saddle 0 L. Robertson Back In The Saddle is a Western Music band based in the Atlanta, GA area. We do Western Swing, Classic Cowboy songs, TV/Movie Western themes and originals written in the Western style. We strive to preserve and expand this great American musical genre. We recently received the Best Traditional Western Music CD award from the National Traditional Country Music Association, for our live CD "Born To Be Branded". Our shows are energetic and fun for all ages. Back In The Saddle will be attending and showcasing at FAI 2018. We currently have several showcases scheduled (Georgia Room, SERFA Room, Access Film Music Rooms and Casey Jones Festival Room). We are looking for one or two additional showcase slots, particularly on Saturday afternoon Feb. 17. We can be contacted at pinetreemusic1@gmail.com And here is a fun little ditty that we did as Back In The Saddle's submission to the NPR Tiny Desk Concert. http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueVN8Bdu-vs/ And here is the link to a performance video of the band, in case the attachment does not get you there. http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCBP5BqGtQo
by L. Robertson
Sunday, December 10, 2017
Dan Martin 0 D. Martin Americana/Folk Music www.danmartinband.com contact@danmartinband.com 918-899-4084 Hometown: Tulsa, OK   Over the past four years, I feel profoundly fortunate to have played gigs to the west coast, to the east coast, and over seas. I will be privileged share my songs at your private showcase!   -Dan-
by D. Martin
Saturday, December 9, 2017
BrownRandy (Randy Brown) Seeking Showcases 0 R. Brown BrownRandy   Contact Info ——————— Phone: 903 571 2374 Website: http://brownrandy.com Email: randy@brownrandy.com Category of Folk:  Original Americana Location: Mineola, TX Description of Music:  The unlikely musical love child of Will Rogers & Roger Miller disguised as award winning original Americana folk from the Upper East Side of Texas. Stories and songs filled with sadness, loneliness, dread, wonder, joy, humor, philosophy and maybe even tiny tad of that subtle southern smart-ass. Award winning singer/songwriter BrownRandy (Randy Brown), will guide you through his rich inner world to a spot where the wide open spaces of the West meet the mossy confines of the South and all it's mysteries are laid bare.    Breaking News: Just chosen as a 2018 Finalist in the South Florida Folk Festival Songwriting Competition   I would love to play your private showcase, contact me! Check out my WEBSITE for more info.
by R. Brown
Friday, December 8, 2017
Amber Ikeman - Spirited, Earthy Folk Songstress 0 A. Ikeman Website: www.amberikeman.com Contact: amber@amberikeman.com Category of Folk: contemporary, singer/songwriter, Americana Location: Bozeman, MT Bio: Amber Ikeman’s music carries audiences across the open spaces of the American West and into the depths of their souls. By turns innocent and worldly, gritty and inspired, peaceful and powerful, her songs tell stories of self-discovery, resilience, and wildness, with a soulful tone ranging from a husky chest voice to a bell-clear soprano. When she turned 25, Amber quit a professional job in her Florida hometown, sold everything that didn’t fit in her car, and drove across the country solo for the first time to live in Yellowstone National Park and work as a dishwasher. It was the inspiration for her debut album, “Free," named one of Southwest Montana's top local albums of 2015. She will release her second album embark on a cross-country tour in January 2018. “I felt so deeply moved by Amber’s words and her stories. She tugs at your soul like not many artists can. Without a doubt, a concert by Amber is not to be missed.”– Analucia Lopezrevoredo, Moishe House San Francisco I would love to play your showcase room. Looking forward to meeting you! p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; font: 14.0px 'Trebuchet MS'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; font: 14.0px 'Trebuchet MS'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}
by A. Ikeman
Friday, December 8, 2017
Cuñao - Latin/World Folk 0 Cuñao   Cuñao Contact Info Phone:646-573-3142 Email: info@cunaomusic.com Category of Folk:Latin/World Folk Location: Los Angeles, CA Description of Music Cuñao is a Los Angeles-based, Latin Folk group . They use their South American background & influences to create evocative, poetic songs that transcend time and leave listeners with lush images. A group of multi-ethnic musicians, Cuñao puts a global twist on their Latin sound by exploring African rhythms, Eastern European melodies and American Rock aesthetics.
by Cuñao
Thursday, December 7, 2017
Ben Brosh - Americana Singer/Songwriter 0 B. Brosh Contact Info Email: ben.brosh.music@gmail.com Website: N/A Category of Folk: Americana/Blues/Songwriter Location: Fort Collins, CO     Description of Music I am an Americana Singer/Songwriter based out of Fort Collins, Colorado. For the past 5 years, traveling around the United States in an old VW Westfalia, playing music with the Folk Rock trio The Coteries was my life. In 2018, I will be turning a new leaf and staying put, focusing on growing within the local Northern Colorado folk scene as a solo performer. I look forward to testing these strange new waters of singing my songs, telling my stories and testing my creativity (I have a tendency to make songs up on the spot using audience topic suggestions; see link below).    " In a modern age of music, Ben Brosh hearkens back to the roots of Americana and Folk. His music recollects what it truly means to be human- the hardships and joys that define every soul, with lyrics as honest as an adage.  Ben captures audiences with stories worth remembering and songs worth singing. "      I would love the opportunity to play your showcase! Thank you!   More Videos https://youtu.be/2bm1P0Oj2GM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKkJHx9IHkE&t=90s  
by B. Brosh
Richie Ros - Irish Singer Songwriter 0 R. Ros Richie Ros - Fairytales   Contact Info Email: richierosmusic@gmail.com Website:  http://www.richieros.com Category of Folk: Singer Songwriter Location: Ireland    Other Music Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsBZd7Zu0R0. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ytCdJV0_w https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQgaEclbdPfuDscevcLZPJQ   Short Bio The life story of Richie Ros is a testament to the human spirit and to the cathartic healing nature of music. Despite the trauma of his early years and growing up in an state run orphanage Richie has refused to let his past define him. Richie had no control over past events in his life but the one thing he did have control over was his attitude.    Fate found him David Odlum, Grammy Award winning producer formerly of The Frames, who agreed to co-produce his Debut album in his Black box studio in France. The album fittingly called Odyssey – the journey of a young boy who in spite of all the odds stacked against him had worked to create his own fairytale. The music in his soul had, in his own words, finally “set him free”.    Now Richie’s debut EP has been released with tracks including "Fairytales", "Strange Mentality", "To Infinity and Beyond" and "Sweet Serenade".    "Strange Mentality" has received wide radio play on RTE Radio 1, Spin SouthWest, Classic Hits 4FM, Kfm, Radio Kerry, Live 95FM, DublinCityFM and Kiss FM Portugal. Richie continues to regularly tour all across Europe were he is steadily growing a loyal fanbase   I had the pleasure of meeting and interviewing Richie Ros on my long running solid gold show on Portugal's Kiss FM. Richie performed live on spec and the feedback has been brilliant. Such comments as "This guy is something special", "What chord sequences" and "Touching lyrics". Totally complementary of this ultra talented man. Sir Owen Gee - Kiss FM Portugal I Had The Pleasure Of s "This Guy Is Something Special", "What Chord Sequences" And "Touching Lyrics". Totally Complementary his Ultra Talented Man. Sir Owen Gee - Kiss FM P Website; http://www.richieros.com Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/richierosofficial/ Instagram; https://www.instagram.com/richierosmusic/
by R. Ros
Brona McVittie : Scots-Irish Folk Singer / Harpist 0 B. McVittie Mob: +44779 1976234 (UK) Email: brona.sola@gmail.com Category: Traditional and Contemporary Celtic Folk (Vocals/Harp) BIO: Scots-Irish folk chanteuse Brona McVittie is lead singer and harpist for the London Lasses and a member of neo-impressionist outfit littlebow. She releases her debut solo LP We Are the Wildlife – a collection of fable pop and traditional balladry steeped in the majesty of her native County Down – on 19th January 2018. Brona will be touring in the UK and Ireland in 2018 and is keen to organise a US tour in 2019. Brona has been awarded a bursary from the Arts Council NI to travel to the FAI conference in 2018. This will be her first time. Please get in touch if you think Brona's music would suit your private showcase.  “Nature reverberates wonderfully in an alchemy of traditional and contemporary instrumentation, making for an exquisite listen from this post-folk electronic chanteuse” Across the Line, BBC Radio Ulster “Pleasingly dreamy folk tones but with a strong and haunting undercurrent of otherworldliness” Conor O’Toole, Underground of Happiness “Relocates you to another place, somewhere magical and far from the fury and decay of modern day life” Mark Barton, The Sunday Experience For more information please visit her website: http://bronamcvittie.com. 
by B. McVittie
Mike Semrad Seeking Showcase Spots 0 Nebraska Folk & Roots Contact Phone: (402) 318-6537 Contact Email: mikesemradmusic@gmail.com Category of Folk: Americana/Indie Folk Location: Lincoln, Nebraska Biography:  “Never give up on your creative ideas. Someday they may find the right place in time to work.”, says Mike Semrad. This is a fitting quote from Semrad, as he bleeds creative energy and has been at it for nearly 35 years. Starting at the age of 4yrs old in Norfolk, Nebraska, he now releases records, runs a record label called Sower Records, makes films and videos, and writes…both music and literature. Being a musician and artist, now living in Nebraska, he also owns a creative marketing company called Red Rebel Media.  For him, Nebraska, has been a fertile ground for growth and creativity. The strong sense of community that exists in Lincoln and surrounding towns has been the driving force to create. In 2014, Semrad started a record label called Sower Records, in which they just released their 19th offering. The stable of musicians, along with other local artists, and area advocacy groups, including Bold Nebraska and Nebraskan native tribes, recently organized a concert to stop the Keystone XL pipeline, a nasty pipeline that was slated to ship crude oil from Canada through the US, only to risk the clean water that is vital for the common farmer’s irrigation. The concert that took place in Neligh, Nebraska in the middle of a cornfield, and was called ‘Harvest the Hope’. Willie Nelson and Neil Young were the featured performers, along with Mike’s band The Bottle Tops and other local artists. Their collective efforts, along with over 9,000 supporters helped to raise over $800,000 for the cause. Semrad continues to organize groups of like-minded creatives to make positive change across the nation.  The newest release entitled ‘Cloud or Mountain’, named after a poem by Bil Johnson(Wahoo, Ne.), will be released in January of 2018. This will be the first full-length record by Mike Semrad outside of previous bands. (The Bottle Tops, Haywood Yards, The Semrad Brothers) Photo by Elayne Woods Longer, detailed Bio: I was born in Blair, Nebraska in 1976, the youngest child in a batch of boys, then two younger sisters followed. The house was always filled with music. My Father, Mike Semrad Sr, was a thorough “Rock ‘n’ roller”, having quite the career in music with a hit song in 1969 with his band The Smoke Ring, called ‘No Not Much’, that was recorded by the great Sam Phillips and his two boys Knox and Jerry Phillips. The first piece of music my Father gave me was a Dr. John(Mac Rebennack) record of piano songs. His noise completely devastated me with sound and I knew what I wanted to do. On my Mother’s side of the family, My uncles were avid country musicians, always playing and touring around. In 1958, my uncle Dick Allison toured with the Grand Ole’ Opry and made tight with many country music legends, including Ray Price, Johnny Cash, and many more. The family used to host stars in Norfolk, Nebraska. Uncle Bob owned and operated the Granada Theater, that made home for hundreds of incredible stars throughout it’s gloried past. I remember meeting Boxcar Willie and asking him questions about his music. Those theater walls held incredible Nebraska history. As a child I sang on the back of trailer beds, at state fairs, and in parades, I met Miss Nebraska and was nearly on the Johnny Carson show at the age of 5. I didn’t realize that pressing my finger between frets made a difference until I was about 12 years old, however. The guitar for me, early on, was simply a stage prop. It was something I held between costume changes, and held as much importance as my shiny Michael Jackson glove that was always in my pocket. I began seriously playing guitar around the age of 14, and wrote my first song, based on the same chords that that I learned from Eric Clapton’s ‘Tears in Heaven’. I felt I could write anything with a C, F, Am, G. I think I wrote at least 10 songs with those chords. Until one day, I learned E minor. That changed the whole game. I didn’t join my first legitimate band until I started college in Lincoln, Nebraska. I followed my older brothers lead and joined a band of psychedelic noise makers called ‘dajāj’, which was the literal arabic translation for the word “chicken”. We smoked way too much weed and recorded hours of what seemed like the same groove. But, it educated me on how to find that groove with a group, which was a priceless lesson I took away from that period. After one epic performance at a downtown Lincoln bar, it became clear that there was a different calling for my music. Soon thereafter, around 1996, a friend of a friend introduced me to a group of young hell raisers from Wahoo, Nebraska. Punks, as they called them. These were the kids adorned with leather jackets, patches of bands I knew nothing about, and rediculously stylish hair. They had heard that I played drums, pretty well, and that I might be looking for a gig. I was intrigued and took them up on their offer to audition for the punk rock outfit, one in which they somewhat jokingly called ‘Hootenanny’. Nearly every song sounded the same; straight ahead and full of rage and rock. It was like a billion volts of electricity was injected into my veins. That was the moment I fell in love with punk rock. They quickly educated me with mix tapes on some unbelievably inspirational bands like The Ramones, Dillinger Four(D4), The Bouncing Souls, and Hot Water Music, just to mention a few.  Our first show, was in a Dairy Queen in Wahoo, Nebraska. The rest was Nebraska punk rock history, as we went on to make a couple records under the name RocketFM and played with some incredible bands. During this time, I met my future wife and we both made and met some of the greatest friends of our lives. After almost 5 years of playing drums, I knew it was time to either move somewhere else with the band or try to “make it” somewhere else. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, my band didn’t follow my lead to move to Chicago and I ended up moving to the windy city with my soon to be wife in search of a new life. I continued writing songs and focusing on a new style of music. But, nevertheless had those punk element influences. Chicago was huge place. And, it hit me hard when I moved there. I luckily fell in line with a place called The Old Town School of Folk Music, and began working in the guitar shop selling guitars to artists and patrons alike. I sold one of my first guitars to Arlo Guthrie, and got to meet Neko Case and Joan Baez. That school of music changed my life and sent me on a path of songwriting that was new and as electrically thrilling as my first impression of punk rock. I found 4-5 other players to fill in the parts, and started a band called Haywood Yards. We officially released only one album in 2006. But, left the band sitting on a fantastic double album that has yet to be released, officially, to this day. The style of Haywood Yards was editorally compared to the likes of The Waterboys, or the americana sounds of Calexico. I was just taking from all of my early country music inspirations and involving the love of punk rock. When the full band wasn’t playing in clubs like The Double Door, or Martyrs, I started playing coffeehouses while also continuing to perform with Haywood Yards: this went on for a number of years. Unfortunately, nothing much ever came of Haywood Yards as we were set to tour on our double album on for it to crumble shortly before leaving. Again, unfortunate, but maybe fortunate. In 2008, we had our first child only to be followed by our second a couple years later. Around 2011, along with our two children, we moved back to our homeland of Nebraska on to be welcomed home with open arms. After being instantly taken by the drastic difference in community and support, my wife along with my brother Andrew, we started a bluegrass honky tonk outfit called The Bottle Tops. That fall in downtown Lincoln, Nebraska I became a street musician alongside a pack of other soon to be label mates. Gunter Voelker, of Jack Hotel and Max Morrissey of Bud Heavy and the High Lifes would meet downtown and trade songs, with a case open for tips. It wasn’t much about money as it was about sharing our songs, learning from one another and studying each others styles. Shortly thereafter, after realizing so much incredible music was happening in Lincoln, I started a record label called Sower Records. Throughout this time, I was writing music outside of The Bottle Tops that didn’t quite fit that honky tonk, high energy sound. These songs were always held in the wings, and I always knew at a later time they might become something. The recording of ‘Cloud or Mountain’ started in the summer of 2014. Story songs started to come to me and I began to rediscover my roots as a musician. I discovered more songs returning from their ashes, and even new ones taking me to places I had never discovered. The song writing feels like a muscle that is constantly growing. I can feel that it has strengthened over the years and I am excited to see what comes next. Find out more at: https://www.mikesemrad.com EPK: https://www.reverbnation.com/mikesemrad
by Nebraska Folk & Roots
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Showcase wanted 0 B. Deleon   Bianca De Leon is an Austin, TX based singer/songwriter dubbed “Queen of the border ballad” by John Nova Lomax, and “A voice from Texas that does it right”, by Guy Clark. She has been touring Europe (Germany, Holland, Finland, Belgium, Scotland, England, Italy) since 2001. Bianca has had 4 EU releases and a worldwide release, “Love, Guns & Money.”   She was invited to perform at Berklee College of Music in 2015 in the round with Eliza Gilkyson, and Betty Soo. Upcoming tours of the Midwest and Europe are slated for 2017.  She has a sultry and mysterious voice that complements her writing and she is an accomplished guitar player, utilizing both finger picking and flat picking.    Singer/songwriter www.biancamusic.com bianca@biancamusic.com 512-585-6871  
by B. Deleon
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Priscilla Sanders 0 P. Sanders   Biting satire-heartfelt ballads-wit and humor Contact:  615-571-3565 Email:  sanders.priscilla@gmail.com Website:  www.priscillasanders.com Category of Folk: Singer/Songwriter Location:  Nashville, TN Bio:  Priscilla Sanders’ live shows engage her audience with songs that range from personal storytelling to tackling relevant current issues with her understated, yet biting satire mixed with ironic humor. In 2015, Priscilla returned to her hometown of Nashville after living in Maui, Hawaii for several years where she wrote and sang with a variety of artists.  Since coming to Nashville, she has dug into furthering her songwriting and is recording her new 2018 release in January, her first CD since 2004’s Ride a Wave with Me. Priscilla developed and teaches “Lyrics & Literature” songwriting workshops for schools and libraries, in which kids and young adults write songs about a book they have read.  She a masters in elementary education and taught for several years.  Her background also includes acting, improv and stand-up comedy.   She has written three one-woman shows and performed them in New York, Los Angeles and throughout Tennessee. I would love to play your showcase!  You can check out more videos and demos at my website.  Thank you!    
by P. Sanders
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Get Your Fix With Medicinal Purposes (Duo) at Your Showcase 0 Medicinal Purposes   Website:http://medicinalpurposesduo.com/ Contact: 815-291-4497 Email:MedicinalPurposesDuo.com   HI, Scott and Pearl here from Medicinal Purposes. We wanted to let you know that Medicinal Purposes is an Americana/Blues duo from the Midwest's "Driftless" region. Our music ranges from heartfelt original ballads (The Final Word) to the slightly whimsical alt-country duet (We Survived) "Nashville". With an occasional foray into rockabilly and boogie, we are entertaining and genuine performers who love what we do and we hope that our passion shows in every performance. We perform over 150 shows a year at festivals, clubs, house concerts, back porches, concert stages, and a train station! Our debut album "That's What I'm Talking About" includes some highly entertaining moments with songs like "Pork Chops" (the sing along break up song) and "This Cowgirl Ain't For You", a real cowgirl's take on Nashville's pre-worn denim, hipster-cowboy wannabes. The album is produced and engineered by 9-time Grammy nominee John Jacob (Maria Muldaur, Kingston Trio, Dan Hicks, etc.) and was recorded at John's Small Treasures Studios in San Jose, Ca.  His pure dedication to getting the perfect performances out of everyone and then making the perfect mix, is nothing short of awe-inspiring. The following guest artists are also guilty of elevating this project to another level with their perfect performances: T Bruce Bowers and his one man, 5 string orchestra. Pete Grant and his ZB Pedal Steel as well as his Clinesmith 10 string resonator. Jimmy Norris and his drumset, which is basically any object he can reach with a stick, brush or hand. Rick Alegria and his congas and coconuts Take a listen and we think you will agree that they all gave stellar performances.
by Medicinal Purposes
Dan Weber: Award Winning Songwriter seeking Private Showcases 0 D. Weber   Dan Weber   Category of Folk: Traditional Folk/Americana, Storyteller Website: www.danwebermusic.com Email:  highway142@comcast.net Phone: 360-737-7737 Location: Vancouver, Washington   Description of Music I’m a former Park Ranger and a Storyteller at heart. I’m an old-school Troubadour and tour extensively and I still love a good campfire and sleeping under the stars. I'd Love to be considered to play in your Private Showcase! Here’s what some other nice folks have said about me: “I love Dan’s songs and he tells really good stories.” - Ramblin’ Jack Elliott, Legendary Folk Troubadour   “Guthrie-esque and reminiscent of early John Prine” - Mike Davies, Fatea Magazine, UK   "A GREAT storyteller. Insightful, engaging and awfully funny!" - Catherine Wood, Concert at the Woods   “A rare combination of wit, emotion and vivid, Harry Chapin-esque imagery.” - Rick Foster, The Sun Chronicle   “4 Stars: The touch of a true Master Craftsman Songwriter.” - Alan Cackett, Maverick Magazine, UK   "A master storyteller with a great sense of humor." - Craig Bernhardt, Beggar’s Banquet Concerts   "Where his genius truly lies is in his ability to connect and uplift an audience." - Denice Bruce, Badger Mountain Sessions   Bio: Award Winning songwriter Dan Weber has been described as “The Classic Mid-Life Overnight Sensation.” A gifted storyteller & engaging performer, Weber won the prestigious Winfield NewSong contest for his tribute to Woody Guthrie & is a rare 3 time finalist in the legendary Kerrville New Folk contest. An ex-Park Ranger, Eagle Scout, Altar boy and lifelong ‘Deadhead’, he left his Rochester, NY hometown in 1989 in a beat-up ‘78 Pontiac Trans-Am with ‘a guy named Joe’ he’d met in a bar the night before, and never looked back.   Weber began performing later in life but quickly won over audiences with his upbeat performances and off-the-cuff hilarious stories from the many roads he’s traveled. His songs have been described as “Guthrie-esque and reminiscent of early John Prine” and “insightful and awfully funny”. None other than legendary Folk troubadour Ramblin’ Jack Elliott said “I love Dan’s songs and he tells really good stories.” Born in Rochester, NY, he now lives in Vancouver, WA.
by D. Weber
"Paper Wings" FAI Debut 0 W. Frankzerda Americana Folk duo, "Paper Wings", will be making their Folk Alliance debut in 2018 and are currently seeking showcases.  Website: paperwingsmusic.com Phone: 541.602.4221 Email: wfrankzerda@gmail.com Folk Category: Traditional Americana Emily Mann and Wilhelmina Frankzerda of "Paper Wings" have a refreshingly intimate sound and capture their listeners with their deep traditional old-time Appalachian and Indie influences. Both originally from the west coast, they are now based out of Berkeley, CA and Nashville, TN. Their stunning vocal harmonies soar over a rotating cast of clawhammer banjo, guitar, and fiddles. These two blossoming songwriters have a unique way of weaving traditional music in to their thoughtfully crafted songs leaving you feeling nostalgic and exhilarated. Their self-titled debut album was released in February 2017. Paper Wings is a genuine intertwining of two souls you won't soon forget. "What a gorgeous, big-hearted and masterfully played bunch of songs and tunes from two of the best musicians I know." – Kristin Andreassen of Uncle Earl, Sometymes Why "Simply crafted and executed, these songs bring an innovative and timeless sound to their music. Paper Wings will be a new addition to fans of old-time and traditional stylings" -Bluegrass Unlimited More about Wilhelmina and Emily: Originally from Oregon, Wilhelmina Frankzerda is an extraordinary young talent widely recognized for her impressive fiddle playing and profound songwriting. At just 19, she has won the National Twin Fiddle Championship, performed on the Grand Ol’ Opry, and been twice selected to participate in the Savannah Music Seminar. She released her first album of all original songs featuring chamber-grass trio, the Bee Eaters in 2015. Emily Mann is a California native with her heart in the old Appalachian mountains. She studied with old-time legends such as Paul Brown, Alice Gerrard, Bruce Molsky, and John Herrmann and has established herself as one of the most gifted and capable up and coming musicians in the traditional music scene. She has performed with Darol Anger, Aoife O'Donovan, Sean Watkins, Laurie Lewis, Abigail Washburn, and more.
by W. Frankzerda
Emily Mure - Seeking private showcases 0 E. Mure Hi there!  This will be my first time at Folk Alliance International.  I am looking forward to it and I'd love to play your showcase room. -- Website: http://www.emilymure.com/ Contact: emilymure@gmail.com Phone: (646) 596-6743   "The first time I heard Emily Mure sing was 2am in the swirling chaos of a music conference.  Unfazed, delicate and fierce, she stood poised singing confidently like a wise oak tree.  That's what she does. Her music is deeply grounded and heavenly at the same time. She is quietly confident and roaring with passion. In this uncertain chaotic world, we need voices like Emily Mure to heal us, to remind us who we are, and to give us places to rest our hearts" - Joe Crookston   New York City native Emily Mure released her third album in September 2017.  In September, the record was #7 on the Folk DJ charts and Mure was the #9 top artist.  This past November, she was a semi-formal showcase artist and was presented by Boston's WUMB for the Suzi Wollenberg Folk DJ showcase.   Mure’s songwriting has been recognized in prestigious national competitions (Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, Telluride Bluegrass Festival) and has been featured on networks including NBC, ABC and PBS. As a live performer, she has shared the stage with notable musicians including Darlingside, Joe Crookston, The Bones of J.R. Jones, and the Duhks.   
by E. Mure

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal