DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artists
|<
<
2 | 3 |
| 5 | 6 | 7
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Nick Nace - Stories That Ryhme and A Box of Wood with Strings 0 N. Nace Music: www.reverbnation.com/nicknace Email: nicknacemusic@gmail.com Category: Singer-songwriter Location: Nashville TN The award winning Nashville based songwriter Nick Nace was born in the wilds of Canada. After moving to NYC he was in the folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson (Best Folk Duo - NY Press) for over a decade recording two albums and composing the soundtrack for Tell Your Friends: The Concert Film which premiered at SXSW. They opened for Glenn Hansard, Mike Doughty & Kaki King. Last year he toured Ireland (Whelans, The Ruby Sessions) and was selected to perform at the Mississippi Songwriters Festival. Nick is also a 2016 winner of the gulf coast's biggest songwriting competition The Gulf Coast Songwriter Shootout and this autumn was part of the 4th Annual Dripping Springs Songwriter Festival. He released his new EP Canadiana Americana this spring and has toured Canada and across the United States in support of it. "Nick is a singer/songwriter with many stories to tell" — LivewellsLatest.com “In terms of watching a great artist perform this was one of those showings that had the audience hanging on every word” — Unsigned & Independent "Nick's voice has that deep, strong presence that demands your attention to every word" - JP's Music Blog
by N. Nace
Monday, November 27, 2017
Mile Twelve - Bluegrass from Boston 0 Mile Twelve   Contact Info Phone: 212-203-2288 E-mail: miletwelveband@gmail.com Category of Folk: Bluegrass Location: Boston, MA   Description of Music Mile Twelve is a fresh, hard driving young band beautifully walking the line between original and traditional bluegrass. Fast gaining recognition for their outstanding performances in bluegrass and folk circles, Evan Murphy, Bronwyn Keith-Hynes, Nate Sabat, BB Bowness and David Benedict write captivating songs and daring instrumental pieces from diverse influences. Banjo luminary Tony Trischka says, "Mile Twelve is carrying the bluegrass tradition forward with creativity and integrity." Since their formation in the fall of 2014, Mile Twelve has quickly been on the rise. They’ve performed extensively throughout the U.S., Ireland and Canada, including sets at major festivals such as Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival, FreshGrass Festival, Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival, and Joe Val Bluegrass Festival. Their music is in rotation on the Bluegrass Junction Sirius XM channel, and their rendition of the Stanley Brothers classic “Our Last Goodbye” was featured on a Spotify "Fresh Bluegrass” playlist. The band was the winner of the 2017 Momentum Award by the International Bluegrass Music Association, and recently returned from a 4-week tour of New Zealand and Australia. On October 27th, Mile Twelve released their debut full-length record “Onwards”, produced by Stephen Mougin.  http://www.miletwelvebluegrass.com/ -- This is our first time at FAI, and we're really looking forward to meeting all of you! -- -- Thanks for your time and consideration! --       
by Mile Twelve
Monday, November 27, 2017
MariaElena 0 M. Teubner Maria Elena is the rarest of singer-songwriters: One who takes giant risks, whether writing about robots, mixing the darkness of ‘90’s rock with the light and redemption of folk music, writing her own songs or interpreting tunes written by others. Blend her adventurous nature as a writer with live performances that are positively cathartic and you have a must-see performer who does not disappoint. - Jedd Beaudoin Host Strange Currency NPR/KMUW  MariaElena's upcoming solo album, Hollow Bones, is scheduled for release in the spring of 2018. Reaching back to her Americana roots, MariaElena incorporates familiar motifs from traditional folk, country-western and bluegrass music into a dark, dissonant concept album reminiscent of your favorite childhood lullabies. Hear samples from the Hollow Bones teaser here: www.melenamusic.com
by M. Teubner
Sunday, November 26, 2017
Nichole Wagner 0 N. Wagner Website: nicholewagnermusic.com Phone: 512-539-8731 Email: contact@nicholewagnermusic.com Category of Folk: Singer-songwriter Location: Austin, TX I’m an Austin-based songwriter getting ready to release my first full-length project (I released an EP in early 2017). While the EP is a touch more country-sounding this new record is heavily influenced by the likes of Jackson Browne, Emmylou Harris, Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen. I’ll be attending FAI solo-acoustic. I’d love to play your private showcase, looking for a handful of showcase slots.
by N. Wagner
Sunday, November 26, 2017
Karyn Ann (Portland, OR) 0 K. Patridge Karyn Ann   Contact Info Phone: 315-529-5750 Email: info@karynann.com Category of Folk: Neo-Soulfolk Location: Portland, OR Description of Music  I am soul singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from Portland Oregon. My song writing is reminiscent of 60's troubadours like Bonnie Raitt and Carole King and modern artists like Adele and Susan Tedeschi. I'd love to play your private showcase, contact me! Check out my webpage at www.karynann.com.
by K. Patridge
Saturday, November 25, 2017
Annie B Good (Alaska) 0 A. Bartholomew Contact Info Email: annie@anniebgood.com Website: anniebgood.com Category of Folk: blues/folk/americana Location: Southeast Alaska Description of Music Annie Bartholomew plays a dark, bawdy Blues inspired by the long nights and manic spirit of the far north. Drawing inspiration from the great blues singers of the 1920s, her smoky voice and sassy arrangements walk the line of American tradition. Hi my name's Annie B and I'm a guitarist from Juneau, Alaska. I like to play blues standards, cowboy songs, and original tunes for fans of great outfits, bad jokes, and dirty music. Stop by The Alaska Room and say Hi!
by A. Bartholomew
Friday, November 24, 2017
Barry Hale, traditional country with harmonica 0 B. Hale I’m Barry Hale, a performing song writer in Kansas City, MO. I play guitar and harmonica. I primarily write up-tempo traditional country with some blues influence. I have a new record that has just been completed.  Primarily, I play the wineries around the KC area. Most of my performance songs are up- tempo. I also write for the commercial country market. I have these songs produced in Nashville as full band demos. You can hear songs from my new record in the CD section of my web site. You can hear my demos in the Demo section. All music and lyrics were written by me. Thank you for your time.   Barry Hale 816-520-2758 barryhale@hughes.net www.barryhalesingersongwriter.com
by B. Hale
Friday, November 24, 2017
The Fugitives are all about showcasing privately 0 The Fugitives Contact Info: Brendan McLeod at 604-813-9877. Email: canadianfugitives@gmail.com Category of Folk: Modern Location: Vancouver, Canada DESCRIPTION: The Fugitives were established in 2008 and have released four records, which have been nominated for multiple Canadian Folk Music Awards and Western Canadian Music Awards. In January, they released The Promise of Strangers on Borealis Records, a new album that explores ties to family, political figures and even Leonard Cohen through songs of dedication.  The band has toured extensively through Canada (including a support slot for Buffy Saint-Marie across Western Canada) as well as several tours through Western Europe and the UK (including a slot at Glastonbury Festival in 2014).  Over the course of their career, the band has built a reputation for their unforgettable live show-- complex harmonies, powerhouse energy and top-notch musicianship combined with an onstage wit and poignancy that has made them so beloved to their fans.  As the CBC has it: 'This show is simply brilliant'. 
by The Fugitives
Thursday, November 23, 2017
Rube & Rake 0 Bakeapple Productions p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; line-height: 16.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px} p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} span.s2 {letter-spacing: -0.2px} Contact Info Phone:709-771-1209 Email: management@bakeappleproductions  Category of Folk: Old Time/Americana  Location:St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada Description of Music    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Times New Roman'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} Rube & Rake is a folk/roots duo based out of St. John’s, NL, with a primary focus on creating sparse, stripped down songs. While many performers often look to expand their arrangements, the duo has found the opposite works best for them, allowing their harmonies and delivery of lyrics to come to the forefront. The two members, Josh Sandu (vocals/guitar/banjo) and Andrew Laite (vocals/guitar), have been honing their craft for the better part of four years, playing all across Canada. In the midst of releasing their debut album “Back and Forth”, the two are primed to have a busy year. They have recently appeared on CBC television as a feature artist on “Absolutely Canadian”, played multiple summer festivals in Newfoundland and Labrador, and are currently planning to tour their album across the country.   For more information: http://rubeandrake.com   ----- To give something a “glowing review” is usually just a turn of speech, an idiom that easily conveys adoration. But here it means so much more — Rube and Rake’s Back and Forth truly glows. It glows bright with songs about love, about loss, about change, about life. It’s rustic charm evokes a steady stream of cinematic shots that connect to the listener on a level that every artist should be envious of. - The Overcast Watching young people making old-timey/timeless folk music can be a delicate proposition. Their reverence for tradition might be contrived and backwards or perhaps too blatantly market savvy in appealing to every generation. Walking into the Ship and hearing the two men of Rube & Rake singing together squashed all the cynicism within me. Yes, they sounded like Simon & Garfunkel and they even did an Everlys song and it was beautiful. And maybe by doing all of this, they placed themselves in a new tradition initiated by, I don't know, the Milk Carton Kids or someone. Maybe timeline fixations are arbitrary obsessions and the true measure of a band's worth is how fast they trigger something within you, rather than a critical cobweb of whether they should or shouldn't be doing what they're doing. All I know is, the two dudes harmonized beautifully and sang lovely songs and it was gorgeous. - Vish Khanna (Exclaim!)
by Bakeapple Productions
Ouroboros 0 Bakeapple Productions p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; line-height: 16.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px} p.p4 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 48.0px; line-height: 16.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} p.p5 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 17.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} span.s2 {letter-spacing: -0.2px} span.s3 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none} Contact Info Phone:709-771-1209 Email: management@bakeappleproductions Category of Folk: World Location:St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada Description of Music  Ouroboros is a band with an unconventional make-up and an undeniable entertainment factor. With an arsenal of horns, drums and vocals, these award-winning musicians deliver a dynamic new spin on world and jazz traditions. From carnival-esque originals to Klezmer party jams, the band explores folk influences from West Africa, Eastern Europe and their home of St. John’s, Newfoundland, with a thrilling improvisational synergy.   At home in concert halls, clubs and outdoor festivals, Ouroboros is versatile musical force,  captivating jazz festival crowds and accompanying international circus artists. Together, Greg Bruce, Susan Evoy, Nicole Hand, Chris Harnett and Ashley Chalmers write, arrange and perform some of Canada’s most creative and engaging instrumental music. For more information, visit www.yourouroboros.com   —— Seriously original, seriously good music  - The Overcast   Four saxophones and drums shouldn't have been this entertaining. But with elements of Klezmer, jazz, Afro-funk, and swing, Ouroboros proved to be one of Lawnya Vawnya's best kept secrets.     The local five-piece have the on-stage presence of the best parade ever. They exude joy without ever seeming caught up in the novelty of what they're doing. The musicians are top shelf and don't seem capable of fucking up.     "Talk Dirty" featured an on-point original rap by Susan Evoy. Greg Bruce, Chris Harnett, Nicole Hand, and Evoy play with obvious chemistry and drummer Andrew McCarthy is a jazz powerhouse. Their cover of Rage Against the Machine's "Killing in the Name Of" ruled. Just a ridiculously great and special combo. Every music festival should bring Ouroboros to their patrons in the summertime. They're awesome and irresistible. - Vish Khanna (Exclaim!)
by Bakeapple Productions
Ambre McLean 0 A. McLean Hi, my name is Ambre McLean. I have an Official Showcase at FAI this years, but am looking to join some private showcase rooms as well. Hoping to firm a couple things up by the 30th, as my label is looking to take an ad out in the FAI program and would like to list any private rooms I am playing in the ad. ambremclean@gmail.com
by A. McLean
Larissa Tandy 0 L. Tandy Contact: +1 778 952 2375   thalassophilerecords@gmail.com Genre: Americana Location: Vancouver, Canada / Melbourne, Australia / Nashvillle TN   Looking for an international artist to add to your private showcase? Larissa Tandy would love to join you! Hailing from rural Australia, Larissa came up from the underground of Melbourne’s world class music scene, mining her difficult life for potent stories and spinning them into songs that made their way onto radio in America, the UK, and Canada where the CBC ordained them as “songs you need to hear”. Filtering the urgent poetry of Patti Smith and the untamed cool of Liz Phair, while fearlessly laying bare her road worn heart, Tandy is carving her own path in the world of modern americana using truth as a weapon. Her momentum continues to gather, this year making the move to Music City Nashville as the recipient of The Australia Council’s prestigious Nashville Songwriter Residency. Her album, The Grip, spent 6 months on the US Americana charts, reaching number 2 in Canada. Her next album, her most upbeat and infectious work yet, is scheduled for release in 2018.   http://www.larissatandy.com/
by L. Tandy
Arkansas Dave 0 D. Pennington Contact Info Phone:512-210-9308 Email:  alberto.deicaza@ila-music.com Category of Folk: Americana Location:Austin, TX Single out: https://open.spotify.com/artist/1rwYhKNeCr9qku3tHZQCaC Bio:  Dave Pennington learnt at an early age that there are only a few roads out of a place like Camden, Arkansas. One road heads to the prison, another to a career in the army, and the other’s a swampy dead end. It’s a romantic cliché to find an escape in music and the blues, but living that life is a different matter. Ask Dave about growing up in a broken home, with fundamental Christianity on one side, and crippling drug-addiction on the other, and you can see in his eyes that this is no easy ride, and that at times music really was his only friend. Escaping Arkansas as soon as he could, Dave played in bands, funding his music with a succession of jobs where he had to find his feet quickly – from bus boy, to assembly-worker in a trash-bag factory. Fast forward to 2016 and Dave has written the album he’s always wanted to create – a wide ranging blues-rock based record that tells the story of his life, but resonates with all of us. The project just needed one more ingredient, so enter the Swampers, the legendary Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section. In a blistering eight-day recording session at Fame Studios the band laid down the backing tracks, and Dave returned to Arlyn to complete the vocals. So the next chapter of Dave’s life is about to be written as he pulls his band together and takes his album out on the road – this time on a road that he’s building.... 
by D. Pennington
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Svjata Vatra - Viking Cossack Folk Rock from Estonia 0 Svjata Vatra SvJATA VATRA Viking Cossack Folk Rock from Estonia!   Contact Info Phone:+3725088061 Email:svjatavatra@gmail.com Category of Folk:Folk / Rock / World music Location:Estonia (Europe) Description of Music SVJATA VATRA EPK 2017  Prepare for a blast of Cossack Viking folk rock by SVJATA VATRA lead by Ruslan Trochynskyi.  On stage the band evokes a hard to resist ancient pagan rite through bagpipes, jew’s harp, scythe and husky lead vocals, blown into the 21st century by shimmering trombone. The Ukrainian-Estonian Svjata Vatra ("Holy Fire") play folk music based on traditional songs, nostalgic children’s games and Baltic melodies, with a fresh punk attitude. Since 2006 they’ve been making people dance and breaking down walls by demonstrating shared roots through music in 19 European countries and Canada. From performing on Viking ships to Colours of Ostrava, from FelSziget, Positivus, London International Festival of Exploratory Music, to Kaustinen Folk Festival - Svjata Vatra is gaining momentum and ready to bring their fiery folk further. In light of recent developments in Ukraine SV has increasingly used their art to give a voice to this underreported situation, to advocate for freedom and unity, through educational programs and their own documentary film. To be the seeds of change literally, SV created a unique recyclable album cover for their latest record ‘Vabadus Svoboda’ (Freedom) in 2015: the handmade paper crafted in a Ukrainian Church in Tallinn, contains seeds of a special yellow and blue flower, representing the Ukrainian flag. Planting the cover and grow freedom around you! Svjata Vatra's song "Kalyna" was awarded ‘Best folk song in Estonia 2009’. Being an alumni of several showcase festivals incl Budapest Ritmo 2016 (showcase festival from WOMEX partner Hangveto), Tallinn Music Week (6 times) and Eurosonic 2010. They'd definitely get your audience in a festive mood!   Please have a look & listen: video Letila Zozulia (Fly Cuccoo) : LINK video Hobusemäng (The Horse Game) : LINK video about handmade CD cover with seeds:  LINK all live video - video YOUTUBE: LINK  more info -  www.svjatavatra.com   Documentary film In 2010 Svjata Vatra produced a musical documentary film called “Püha Tuli” (Holy Fire), it portrays the band’s musical expedition to Carpathians, conveys the band’s ambition to integrate art in all aspects of life, and shows their impact on both Estonian and Ukranian folk music and community. 52 min LINK and LINK screening highlights: Estonian National TV, Worldfilm Festival in Estonia, Globaltica Poland, “Kino Molodost Festival” Kiev Ukraine, “Kino Oktjabr” Helsinki Finland, Estonian Cultural Festival in Paris France.   Workshop and education programs Svjata Vatra is making a work shops "Estonian-Ukrainian traditional music similarities and differences" by introducing trad. music instruments, songs, dances and customs. Work shops are for children and adults, special programs for festivals, events and schools. We made ws: Estonia, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Finland, Poland, Germany, Canada, Luxemboug.
by Svjata Vatra
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Bri Murphy 0 B. Murphy Bri Murphy Contact Info Phone:615-721-2623 Email: brimurphymusic@gmail.com Category of Folk: Americana Location:Nashville, TN Description of Music I'm an Americana artist and multi-instrumentalist based in Nashville, TN, with influences such as Gillian Welch, Jason Isbell, and Lori McKenna. My first solo EP, "Throw Down My Heart," came out in October 2016 and the title track was a semifinalist in the International Songwriting Competition. My first full-length record will be coming out in May 2018. I'm a first time FAI attendee and I'd love to play for your private showcase! See my EPK for more info. ____________________________________________ "Bri shined with her flawless, soulful voice." -PennLive "Promising young songstress." -PledgeMusic
by B. Murphy
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Matthew Byrne 0 R. Lockyer Contact Info Phone:709-746-6825 Email: Roger@foleymore.com Category of Folk: Traditional Location:St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada Description of Music  Born into a family of Newfoundland music makers, Matthew Byrne’s repertoire is heavily influenced by that unique musical lineage – the weaving of a great story with a beautiful melody – and he supports this tradition with powerful vocals, polished guitar work, and a presence that fills the room. His repertoire transcends time and place and his live performance reminds us how satisfying traditional songs can be when stripped down to their basic elements.   Matthew Byrne’s music has traveled well beyond the rugged shores of his Newfoundland home since his 2010 debut, Ballads. Touring as both a solo artist as well as singer with The Dardanelles, he has graced major festival stages worldwide. With his second album, Hearts & Heroes, receiving Traditional Recording of the Year at the 2015 Canadian Folk Music Awards, Byrne has established himself as one of Canada’s most authentic and vital traditional voices.   Matthew Byrne releases his highly-anticipated third album - Horizon Lines - on August 11, 2017. This newest collection of traditional material explores a unique repertoire of songs from both sides of the Atlantic and continues Byrne’s journey through his own unique musical lineage.   For more information, visit www.matthewbyrne.net   ——   “It’s increasingly rare to find male traditional singers who are not just good, but GREAT! Matthew is certainly in that truly great category.” - BRIAN O’DONOVAN, WGBH BOSTON   “Possibly the finest interpreter of traditional songs in the country.” - PENGUIN EGGS MAGAZINE   “Matt’s interpretation of traditional songs is somehow fresh and ancient at the same time. And his voice is friggin’ perfect.”- ALAN DOYLE   “A voice as true as a compass needle.” - JAMES KEELAGHAN   “His reverence and respect for his material...  and his staggeringly beautiful voice, makes for the rarest and most vital type of folk performer." - TOM POWER, CBC MUSIC  
by R. Lockyer
Monday, November 20, 2017
Sally and The Hurts (round 2) 0 K. Schafer Insightful, heartbreaking lyrics and soaring melodies penned by singer-songwriter Sally Vee form the core of what has been described as "...roots folk activism" music. With Megan Hurt on violin and Jamie Crowell on musical saw, this up-and-coming group throws it all on the table, always leaving audiences asking for more. "Sally Vee's voice is impressively versatile and ranges from down home southern cooking to angelically undulating, leaving her music indecipherable from any one genre. Sally is a solid song writer..." Sally recently received the honor of winning "Best Song" in the New Song Showcase children's category at Walnut Valley Festival 2017 with her tune "I Love My Dog". Sally and The Hurts are thrilled to be attending their first FAI conference as a band right here in their home-away-from-home, Kansas City, and can't wait to join artists from around the world in what promises to be a fantastic week. To book Sally and The Hurts for your private showcase, call (785)477-4653 or email karynschafer@live.com
by K. Schafer
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Teresa Storch 0 T. Storch Soulful-Americana Artist Teresa Storch Email: teresastorch@gmail.com Mobile: (617) 549-7684 Website: www.teresastorch.com LINK TO MORE VIDEO “…SOMEDAY THIS ARTIST WILL BE IN THE LEAGUE WITH EMMYLOU HARRIS, PATTI GRIFFIN, MARY CHAPIN CARPENTER, SHAWN COLVIN AND ROSEANNE CASH.” –JOHN APICE, NO DEPRESSION MAGAZINE. How does woman with a degree in Applied Physics become a nationally touring Singer/Songwriter? While studying engineering at the Colorado School of Mines, Teresa Storch became obsessed with live music. One show at Red Rocks Amphitheater prompted her to admit aloud “I think need to do that!” The voice in her head just wouldn’t let go. In 2001, after getting laid-off from a job, she began busking in the Boston Subways. Since then, Teresa has become an international live performer of joyful strength and riveting, emotional power. Her soulful-Americana songwriting balances on the fence between folk and jazz, drawing comparisons to Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, and Shawn Colvin. Audience members say it’s like seeing Bonnie Raitt when she first started. She has recorded 3 studio and 2 live albums, toured nationally for 14 years, and internationally since 2016. Her latest album “Come Clean“(2014) produced by Philip Parker and Jamie Mefford (Gregory Alan Isakov) has garnered international attention, being chosen for The Top Country/Americana Albums of 2015 by Martin Chilton of The Telegraph (UK). John Apice of No Depression Magazine states “Emmylou Harris would find a wealth of inspiration in these songs…” She was chosen a 2015 GrassyHill New Folk Finalist at the Kerrville Folk Festival, selected as an Emerging Artist at the 2015 Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, and received Honorable Mention in the 2015 Rocky Mountain Folks Fest Songwriter’s Competition.
by T. Storch
David Burchfield 0 D. Burchfield David Burchfield Information Phone: 913-220-9499 Email: management@davidburchfieldmusic.com Category: Singer-songwriter / Americana Location: Denver, CO by way of Kansas City, MO Websites: https://www.davidburchfieldmusic.com ; https://www.facebook.com/musicdavidburchfield Description of Music David Burchfield is a singer-songwriter from Kansas City now based in Denver, CO. Inspired by the American songbook from Woody Guthrie to Jeff Tweedy to Jason Isbell, Burchfield weaves together a rich texture of diverse influences to create an innovative folk sound that sounds simultaneously fresh and deeply rooted. The Deli Magazine called Perseids "a ten-track cornucopia of gentle, rustic charm and swirling, harmonic grace...To label the album as 'Americana' is far too broad a brushstroke; Perseids is 33 minutes of comfort food for the ears and the soul." His live shows are full of foot-stomping highs and heartfelt ballads, leaving audiences stunned by his lyrical candor and powerful performance. Notable Past Performances Venues: Boulevardia Festival, Middle of the Map Festival, E-town - Boulder, Swallow Hill Music Association - Denver Opening: Joe Pug, David Ramirez, Noah Gundersen, Way Down Wanderers
by D. Burchfield
NewSong Finalist Crys Matthews 0 C. Matthews Crys Matthews Contact Info Phone: (828) 719-6711 Email:  crysmatthewsmusic@gmail.com Category of Folk: Americana/Singer-songwriter Location: Herndon, VA Description of Music Crys Matthews is nothing if not ambitious. In August, she simultaneously released both a new full-length album, The Imagineers and an EP, Battle Hymn For An Army Of Lovers. These collections showcase two sides of Matthews’ dynamic songwriting; The Imagineers is a selection of thoughtful songs about love and life while Battle Hymn For An Army Of Lovers tackles social justice themes. Songs from both projects have already garnered acclaim like being selected as a NewSong Music finalist, and winning the People's Music Network's Social Justice Songs contest at NERFA. Matthews sings about hope, love, perseverance and justice with an ease and candor that one might expect from a southeastern North Carolina native whose mother happens to be a preacher. Equally at home in an acoustic listening room as she is on stage at large music festivals, Matthews has quickly gathered a loyal following playing such prestigious venues and festivals as The Birchmere, The Hamilton, BMI's Island Hopper Songwriter Festival, the 40th Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival, Folk Alliance International, 30A Songwriters Festival, Northeast Regional Folk Alliance and many more. Website EPK Youtube
by C. Matthews
Friday, November 17, 2017

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal