DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Piper Hayes - Canadian artist and educator
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

12/6/2016 at 6:23:47 PM GMT
Piper Hayes - Canadian artist and educator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5gdQsOrHE0

Piper Hayes

Contact Info

Phone: 647.881.5991

Email: piper@pipersings.com

Category of Folk: indie/pop

Description of Music

Music is what keeps me going. I like to think my music strikes a chord with those who also stumble and struggle through this life. I like to imagine my music may be a ray of hope and a part of a healing process for those who meet me in my craft. For me it's not just about creating music, but also about being an agent for social change. With whatever platform I may have, I hope to shift perspective, my own as well as others. 

To date I have released two EP's and a live album [‘Goodbye Mister Nice Guy’ (2016), 'Ain't Nothin' Like...' (2014), and 'Live In NYC' (2013)]. I am fortunate enough to have toured the world extensively with my music; India, Nepal, Scotland, The Netherlands, Iceland, Denmark, England, the US and, Canada to name a few places.  

I'm a Canadian/American pop folk artist playing original music influenced by Tracy Chapman and Cat Stevens and compared to the likeness of Frazey Ford, Serena Ryder, and Sheryl Crow. Larry Lootsteen (from A Journal of Musical Things) wrote "This Toronto artist brings it all home...sounds like: Some decade or many" and Metro News named me one of 'Eight Canadian Indie Artists to Watch For', stating "Piper's playful performance-style is filled with creative story-telling marked by vocal and melodic whimsy." 

I was born in Manhattan, grew up in Toronto and now reside off-grid on a farm outside of Hamilton, ON. In the past year; I was hired by Hamilton Adult Community Support Program to create a weekly music program for adults with disabilities; I teamed up with the Canadian Mental Health Association going into high schools using contact education and my music to dispel myths around mental illness; I started my own private voice practice, offering workshops and lessons centering around vocal empowerment; and with my partner Carson Ritcey-Thorpe I initiated The Monthly Sound, a site-specific curated community based music event, where people of like mind come together to experience music and community. 

I would love to play your private showcase, and very much look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to check out my website for more info.

All my best,

Piper

Attached Images:

Last edited Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal