DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Kirsten Maxwell - Seeking Private Showcases
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

1/2/2017 at 11:33:39 PM GMT
Kirsten Maxwell - Seeking Private Showcases
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL3dnAt-Afw

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kirsten Maxwell and this will be my first time attending FAI! I know I am coming to you late in the game, but I could do to add a showcase or two. If you have room, I hope you will consider having me.

I have previously attended and played official showcases at NERFA, SERFA and SWRFA.

Bio:

Today, Kirsten is often compared to Joan Baez, Judy Collins and Joni Mitchell. “I never thought I’d ever hear a voice as angelic and mesmerizing as I did when I first started listening to Joan Baez some 50 years ago, but then I heard the voice, the songs and melodies of Kirsten Maxwell,” says Jon Stein, host of Hootenanny Café on WTBQ.

However, Kirsten’s appeal goes well-beyond her vocal abilities. She gives everything to her live performances and has been described as “making love to the audience”. Although her self-taught guitar chops are minimal, she plays with such delicacy and taste that the guitar seems to be extension of her body. With a quick wit and commanding stage presence, Kirsten gives the impression of being more accomplished than her 24 years.

In April 2015, she independently released her debut album, Crimson. It has been met with great success and fans await her highly anticipated EP, to be released this Spring.

• Kerrville New Folk Finalist 2016
  • Winner of the South Florida Folk Festival Singer Songwriter Competition 2016
  • Falcon Ridge Folk Festival Emerging Artist 2016

KirstenMaxwellBooking@gmail.com

516-225-8489

Thank You and Happy New Year!

Kirsten Maxwell

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal