DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
KIRA SMALL wants to schlep keyboard into your room & soul sing @ your face!
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

1/4/2017 at 3:16:50 AM GMT
KIRA SMALL wants to schlep keyboard into your room & soul sing @ your face!

I'd love to come play for you! Here's me in a candy-wrapper:

Email:  
kira@kirasmall.com
Phone: 
615-480-1166
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kirasmallmusic
Youtube: www.youtube.com/kirasmallmusic
Category of Folk: is there a late-night, earthy, blue-eyed soul category?

2015 International Songwriting Competition Winner 

2012 Independent Music Award VoxPop Winner 

Background vocalist on Lynda Carter's 2016 Tour (yes, Wonder Woman!)** 
**I got the call for the Wonder Woman gig while at FAI last year. My life is weird, you guys. 

Background vocalist on Martina McBride's 2013 & 2012 Christmas Tours
piano/vocal/side-chick w/Amy Speace

Strong, sexy, whiskey-tinged soul. Nashville-based Kira Small is a nationally touring, award-winning singer-songwriter and recording artist. She also makes lemons out of lemonade. Kira’s June 2016 release 3 AM is one of those albums where an artist, in making sense of a time of personal upheaval, almost accidentally crafts a career masterpiece. She went through a leveling break-up, and only in processing its painful complexity and rebuilding her life could she craft such an emotionally visceral and honest album.

Kira’s blue-eyed soul aesthetic melds down home emotionality with touches of harmonic sophistication. She has the chops to sing jazz and soul and has lived enough life to sing the blues. This rare blend has made her an in-demand session singer with such icons as Willie Nelson, Garth Brooks, Peter Frampton, Wynonna Judd, Ray Price, Randy Travis and more. In addition, Kira has been featured as a live performer with Martina McBride, Radney Foster and Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman), she has had a recurring role as a backup singer on ABC’s Nashville, and she spent two years as a member of Berklee College of Music’s Voice Department Faculty.

Her latest offering, 3 AM, is a raw and refined album. Ten tracks brim with profound late-night musings, whiskey-guided reflection, and that sweet spot where threads of soul, jazz, and quiet fire blues interlace. “Any one of those tracks could have been written at 3 AM. It’s that time where either you wake up panicked, lost, or with an epiphany. Or if you’re up then, can’t sleep and you’ve been drinking whiskey and things are getting real—truths are coming out,” Kira says.

Last edited Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal