DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Forum
|<
<<
<
7 | 8 |
| 10 | 11 | 12
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Jeremy Kittel Trio - As heard on A Prairie Home Companion Locked Topic 0 Fretless Music Official Showcase Artists - Seeking Private Showcases! (Thursday and Friday preferred, Saturday possible) (Excited to be at Folk Alliance with you all!)   Contact Info Phone: (734) 353-9525 Email: booking@jeremykittel.com Members: Jeremy Kittel, Quinn Bachand, Joshua Pinkham Category of Folk: World/Celtic/Prog. Bluegrass/Instrumental Location: Brooklyn, NY Press Kit: http://jeremykittel.com/2015/10/jeremy-kittel-trio/   Description of Music "I was entertained, mesmerized, and moved by the sound that leapt off of the stage… from a delicate jig to a celtic reel to a Bach Partita to a contemporary original acoustic composition… arrangements that were flawless, artful, and compelling... I would go out of my way to hear this outfit again!” Mark Schatz (Nickel Creek, Bela Fleck, Claire Lynch, John Hartford)   “...We were totally mesmerized by their set. Definitely one of my favorite acts we've been able to see on the road. We were blown away by their musicianship, by the rhythmic density and complexity of their arrangements… we would jump at the opportunity to share the stage with them again.” - Dave Senft, Darlingside, 2016 FAI Artist Of the Year    "Their individual and ensemble virtuosity, originality, and overall energy absolutely knocked out festival audiences… Music spanned the traditional to stunning originals…" Kevin Hanick, Iowa Artsfest   "It’s almost as if they become astral beings, tapping into the universe for an experience that resonates deeply with the audience."  -Hiawatha Music Festival   Brooklyn-based fiddler/composer Jeremy Kittel has worked as with everyone from Bela Fleck to My Morning Jacket to Yo-Yo Ma.  He’s joined by Joshua Pinkham and Quinn Bachand, two leading musicians on mandolin and guitar, for a compelling blend of traditional folk styles and original music.     Jeremy Kittel is an award-winning fiddler, violinist, and composer.  The Compass Records recording artist is a master in Celtic, classical, jazz, and bluegrass traditions, and is gifted in fusing and revitalizing these diverse styles. Jeremy was a member of the Turtle Island Quartet for five years and has also worked with Mark O’Connor, Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile, Paquito D’Rivera, My Morning Jacket and Jon Batiste and Stay Human. He has been a guest artist with several symphony orchestras, was twice featured on A Prairie Home Companion, and has performed around the world at venues as diverse as Carnegie Hall, the Kennedy Center, Bonnaroo and the Celtic Connections Festival in Scotland. Named “the future of the mandolin” by Mandolin Magazine, and dubbed “one of the most important young improvisers on the acoustic scene today” by mandolin grandmaster David Grisman, Josh Pinkham has establishedhimself as a striking performer, composer and recording artist.  He continues to push his mandolin into new and old territory, excelling in Bluegrass, Newgrass, Jazz and Classical music. Although Quinn Bachand plays a range of styles that include jazz and bluegrass, it is his talents in the world of Celtic music that draw the most attention. His unique harmonies, hard-driving strumming, inventive chord voicing and powerful rhythmic effects make even the most well-worn tunes seem new and exciting. He performs with his sister Qristina and has also toured nationally and internationally with Canadian fiddling icons Ashley MacIsaac and Natalie MacMaster.  
by Fretless Music
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Erin O'Dowd Locked Topic 0 E. O'Dowd Erin O'Dowd Contact Info Phone: (918) 812-9989 Email: erinodowd@gmail.com Category of Folk: Americana Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma Description of Music I write Americana freckled with country and blues. My song "Robin's Egg Blue" was featured on Horton Records' "New Tulsa Folks" compilation in 2013, and "Everybody Sing," my tribute to Woody Guthrie, was published in This Land Press that year. I am a 2014 winner of the Searchlight Songwriting Competition hosted by Jason Wilber, singer-songwriter and longtime guitarist for John Prine. I am currently recording my debut album, "Old Town," produced by Travis Linville, Folk Alliance veteran and guitarist for Hayes Carll.   I will be featured as a first year solo artist in the Oklahoma Room, and would love to play your private showcase as well! Please contact me using the information above, and check out the links below for more information. Thanks for stopping by!   www.erinodowd.com www.sonicbids.com/band/erin-odowd www.erinodowd.bandcamp.com www.instagram.com/erinejodowd www.twitter.com/eo_ditty
by E. O'Dowd
SKYE WALLACE - OFFICIAL SHOWCASE ARTIST Locked Topic 0 S. Wallace Contact Info Phone: 778-918-1908 Email: skye.fiona.wallace@gmail.com Category of Folk: Folk Rock Location: Vancouver/Toronto (Canada) Description of Music Skye Wallace is a force to be reckoned with. Hailed coast to coast as a “national treasure” (Sad Mag), her new record "Something Wicked" lights a fire under the traditional definition of folk. Produced by Jim Bryson, "Something Wicked" was dubbed by CBC's Stephen Quinn a "kick ass record". We have an official showcase on Wednesday night and are currently looking for private showcases. We'd love to play your room!  Please visit my pages or contact me for more info: Facebook Bandcamp - New Record! Official Video - Dead Things Pt II
by S. Wallace
Jimbo Scott - looking for showcases Locked Topic 0 J. Scott Bio: Jimbo Scott is a performing songwriter from Oakland.  Steeped in traditions of folk, country and rock, Jimbo has developed a unique soulful sound.  With a rich voice, Jimbo sings songs of a vivid world, full of passion and color.  His sense of introspection makes each song both revealing and resonant.   Link to audio Parklands: https://soundcloud.com/jimboscottmusic/the-parklands River Don’t Sleep: https://soundcloud.com/jimboscottmusic/river-dont-sleep   Contact Jimbo Scott: jimboscottmusic@gmail.com
by J. Scott
Ken Yates : Looking for Private Showcases Locked Topic 0 Murdoch Music Canadian Singer-Songwriter Ken Yates is looking to fill up his weekend schedule with Private Showcases. Ken released his second full length album 'Huntsville' on September 30th : https://soundcloud.com/murdochmusicpodcast/sets/ken-yates-hunstville www.kenyates.com All inquiries can be sent to : Tim@Murdochmusic.com  - 519-643-8788
by Murdoch Music
Monday, November 21, 2016
Amy Goloby- seeking showcase Locked Topic 0 A. Goloby Phone: 281-731-9315 Email: agolobymusic@gmail.com Folk Rock, Houston TX Amy Goloby is a folk rock singer-songwriter from Texas who began her musical journey at the age of twelve where she played in the band. She wrote stories and poetry as a child, which turned into songs when she received her first guitar at age sixteen. Her first album “Left Unsaid” released in 2014 and is a compilation of songs inspired by her experiences in life, love, and loss. She is currently recording her sophomore album in Nashville with Aren Creative.  Website: amygoloby.com EPK: http://www.tatemusicgroup.com/epk/?id=30952
by A. Goloby
Molsky's Mountain Drifters - Official Showcase Artists Locked Topic 0 Stash Wyslouch Phone: (914) 489-9961 E-mail: audrey@brucemolsky.com Website: http://mountaindrifters.com/   Molsky’s Mountain Drifters – Tradition steeped in possibility. Bruce Molsky’s new trio Molsky’s Mountain Drifters includes Allison de Groot on banjo and Stash Wyslouch on guitar. Grammy nominated Molsky is revered as old time music’s ambassador, teacher, and inspiration for the next generation of old time musicians. Banjo virtuoso Allison de Groot of “The Goodbye Girls” and “Oh My Darling” met Molsky at one of his workshops at Berklee, where his interest was piqued when “she played Lester Young solos on claw hammer banjo.” Stash Wyslouch is one of bluegrass music’s true genre benders, a high-energy performer who cut his teeth in punk and metal bands before immersing himself in roots music with “The Deadly Gentlemen.” Bruce Molsky is one of the most influential, exhilarating and revered fiddlers on the worldwide folk scene as well as a remarkable guitarist, banjoist and singer. A globetrotting performer and educator, a recording artist with an expansive discography and well over a dozen collaborations and two Grammy-nominations. He’s received high praise from diverse fans and collaborators like Linda Ronstadt, Mark Knopfler, Celtic giants Donal Lunny and Andy Irvine, jazzer Bill Frisell and dobro master Jerry Douglas, to name a few. “I was looking for a new voice,” says Molsky, “a new avenue of expression using old time mountain music as the jumping-off point, but not being constrained by hard core traditionalism. Allison and Stash are showing me the way, just where the music is headed, in directions I never would have imagined when I started my own journey into the mountains a long time ago. The CD is a reflection of that, and we see it as just the beginning. I chose the tunes and songs to represent a palette of straight old time repertoire, as well as new songs appropriate to our times, like Billy Bragg’s “Between The Wars,” an original waltz, and a set of Métis dance tunes that punctuate the exploration.” “The Mountain Drifters are one of my life’s great joys. We fill out each other’s sound covering all nooks and crannies with little brushes of our personalities. We breathe together, we smile together and we laugh and poke a whole lot of fun together,” says Stash. “I love and respect Bruce and Stash as people and musicians. Molsky’s Mountain Drifters is a wonderful place to express our individual musical personalities, and in combination we are able to explore the tradition and our own sound,” says Allison.
by Stash Wyslouch
Irish songwriter 'Gallie' seeks private showcases Locked Topic 0 D. Gallagher   Gallie Contact Info: Ph:                           +61 42 471 5000 Email:                      gallie1610@hotmail.com Category:                Singer Songwriter Location:                 Dublin Ireland via Australia Website:                   http://gallie.com.au Description of music:                                     Gallie is a critically acclaimed songwriter from Ireland. His album 'The Occoquan River' has made it to a number of Best of the year lists from radio and press. Gallie is a natural raconteur who's performances have been getting rave reviews, at first it sounds like easy listening folk music but combine this with a killer story and you have the masterful art of Gallie and 'The Occoquan River'.                                      “One of the outstanding releases this year....’The Occoquan River’ is brilliant.” Paul Gough, The Inside Sleeve, ABC Radio National. “Every track on ‘The Occoquan River’ is carefully yet simply crafted, as if each has come to him effortlessly, organically and fully formed. The crown jewel of the album is the title track: a truly haunting, mournful piece,“ Lukas Murphy, theMusic ★★★★☆ “Sublime lyrics, tremendous melodies, sung by a singer with a voice that is both soulful and incredibly expressive.....One of my favourite records of 2015 by an artist from any country,” Michael Park, The International Americana Show, New York City    
by D. Gallagher
Max Hatt / Edda Glass - as heard on NPR Mountain Stage Locked Topic 0 E. Glass Contact Info Phone: (406)461-8833  Email: manyhatproductions@gmail.com  Category of Folk: Alt. Americana Location: Santa Fe Press Kit: maxhatteddaglass.com/presskit   Description of Music "Vivid lyrical imagery...Like old ballads that have been recast in a contemporary form...a unique sound harmoniously forged from seemingly disparate elements." — Larry Groce, NPR Mountain Stage   “I was mesmerized from the first moment I heard them. They create a deep sonic landscape with only voice and guitar, with songs that possess a mysterious and soulful magic.” — Pat Sansone (Wilco, Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irion)   “Beautiful… #chills” — Ann Powers of NPR Music (@annkpowers on Twitter)   “Max Hatt/Edda Glass often defied categorization, making them arguably the most distinctive finalist act – let alone winner – we’ve ever had.” — Gar Ragland, NPR Mountain Stage / NewSong Contest Director   Max Hatt / Edda Glass features an unmistakeable voice, ethereal guitar, and the duo’s award-winning Jazz Americana compositions. “We want to write about a world both intimate and vast, about little people on great plains,” says Glass. “Plus sometimes we throw in a little Bossa Nova.” Their 2016 Ocean of Birds Tour kicked off with NPR Mountain Stage and took them them across the country and several genres, from the jazz clubs of Manhattan to Nashville’s record stores and New England’s folk fests. Based in Santa Fe, NM, the duo first hit the national stage at NYC’s Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, where they won the 2014 Grand-Prize of the international Mountain Stage / NewSong Competition. In addition to NPR Mountain Stage, they’ve been featured by Daytrotter, City Winery NYC’s Cellar Sessions, Huffington Post, Relix Magazine, Lincoln Center, and ASCAP at the Sundance Film Festival. Produced by Pat Sansone of Wilco & Autumn Defense, Ocean of Birds is available now: bit.ly/ocean-of-birds-itunes    “This jazz Americana duo portrays true elegance……Have a listen to the Max Hatt / Edda Glass session to be mesmerized.” — Daytrotter   “Subtly poignant, elegantly funky, and haunting without trying to be…and Edda Glass’s voice must be heard to be believed.” – Nels Cline (Wilco)   “Like paintings or hand printed photographs that speak and sway… their material is hypnotic…” ~ Lizz Wright   “Mesmerizing… cinematic folk-jazz” ~ ASCAP’s Playback Magazine at Sundance Film Festival.    “Their lyrics/ instrumentals encapsulate the confusing sentiment of feeling both lost and found, all at once…This album is for those that want to hear a song that tells them it is okay to be human, and that you are not alone in not knowing what that exactly means.”— New York Theater Guide   "an exemplification in the beauty of contemplation" —PopMatters   “Brimming with soul and steeped with lush, mellow melodies, Ocean of Birds captures a moment in time and releases it in one lovely breath. “ —That Mag   “Music that creates a sense of vastness within its quiet.” — Yes Weekly, John Adamian   Live Performance Video   Music Video: Crossing Over     
by E. Glass
Saturday, November 19, 2016
Open for showcases: Banjo Nickaru & Western Scooches Locked Topic 0 BanjoNickaruAndWesternScooches Banjo Nickaru & Western Scooches    New York City’s  Banjo Nickaru & Western Scooches are likely the only band infusing elements of Gullah-Geechee culture with folk traditions, New Orleans influences & 1920s music.   #5 Artist, #6 Album, #7 Song on International Folk Radio Sept. 2016   "Fresh and vital" Classical Arts   ********We are open for showcases**********   "Americana music at its purest and most impressive" No Depression   “Unfailingly high-spirited." — LONDON TIMES   “Nick Russo has worked with artists all over the jazz spectrum. His latest release brings a decidedly unorthodox approach.” — DOWNBEAT  ⋆⋆⋆⋆   contact@banjonickaru.com   #banjonickaru    BanjoNickaru.com       Facebook: banjo.nickaru
by BanjoNickaruAndWesternScooches
The Belle Hollows Locked Topic 0 The Belle Hollows The Belle Hollows Contact Info Phone: 208-250-4380 Email: contact@thebellehollows.com Category of Folk: Contemporary Location: Nashville, TN   Description of Music The Belle Hollows are a contemporary folk trio out of Nashville. The group just released their first album "Miller's Creek", which debuted as the #2 album for the month of August on the Folk DJ chart and featured the #1 song A Different Kind of Rain. Having first played together as part of the Nashville-based newgrass band The Barrel Jumpers, Robert Phaneuf and siblings Rachel Johnson and Jeremy Johnson spent the better part of a decade developing the unique vocal blend that characterized the sound of their former band. Now, with years of experi­ence together, this trio is breaking new ground with a sound that is all their own. We'd love to showcase for your room! You can learn a bit more about us on our website or by visiting our Facebook page. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in Kansas City!    
by The Belle Hollows
Gwyneth Herbert Locked Topic 0 N. Cartwright Contact Info Phone: +44 7531 167 018 Email: info@gwynethherbert.com Category of Folk: Singer-songwriter Location: Hastings, UK Description of Music Gwyneth Herbert is a British multi-instrumentalist, vocalist and multi-award-winning songwriter. Drawing on influences from the worlds of folk, storytelling, jazz and avant-garde music, she has released 6 albums (including Blue Note's first UK release in 30 years), and 2016 saw tours of North America and Europe with her unique new duo show. "Brilliantly original" - MOJO "A remarkably gifted talent" - The Guardian We'd love to play your private showcase - you can get in touch at the info above or find out more at Gwyneth's website, EPK or Facebook page.
by N. Cartwright
Friday, November 18, 2016
Bill and the Belles Locked Topic 0 Bill and the Belles Bill and the Belles   CONTACT INFO Phone: 303.709.5367 Email: billandthebelles@gmail.com Location: Johnson City, Tennessee Website: www.billandthebelles.com   DESCRIPTION OF MUSIC With striking three-part harmonies and masterful instrumentation, Bill and the Belles skillfully breathe new life into the sounds of early country music. At the foothills of the Blue Ridge and the forefront of old time music, they're furthering the music traditions of their region and bringing to the stage a show unlike any other, full of humor, high spirits, and all-around revelry. From sentimental Southern ballads to the popular songs of Tin Pan Alley to regional fiddle breakdowns, a Bill and the Belles show is a celebration of the diversity country music once represented.   PRESS "[Bill and the Belles] is committed to helping early country music remain appreciated – not just replicated." -Rolling Stone “A 78 RPM shellac record come to life. What a wonderful and authentically American sound.” -Music City Roots “They're a joy to watch live, and we bet you can't make it through their set without smiling.” -The Bluegrass Situation
by Bill and the Belles
The Novel Ideas Locked Topic 0 The Novel Ideas Hey there! We're The Novel Ideas! We're a Country Folk Quintet from Boston MA and we'll be officially showcasing at FA. It'll be our first year and we're super excited. We'd love to play any and all Unofficial Showcases and collaborate with other artists too! Please reach out if you're so inclined, all information is available below! Sincerely, TNI The Novel Ideas Contact Info Phone:617-921-7254 Email: booking@thenovelideas.com Category of Folk: Country Folk Location: Boston, MA Description of Music: The Novel Ideas are a country folk quintet of friends from the great state of Massachusetts. Featuring the voices of three different songwriters, The Novel Ideas create a blend of pastoral, harmony driven, and plaintive Americana. Our website is here!   Last edited Wednesday, August 24, 2016    
by The Novel Ideas
Cary Morin Private Showcases Locked Topic 0 C. Di Iorio Hello All!  I will be attending FAI 2017 and am looking for private showcases.  I am an Acoustic Fingerstyle Blues and Americana performer. You may contact my manager, Celeste, at celeste@maplestreetmusicagency.com or 970 690-4048 to work out a booking.  I look forward to hearing from you! Bio: Described as “one of the best acoustic pickers on the scene today,” Cary Morin brings together the great musical traditions of America and beyond like no other. With deft fingerstyle guitar and vocals that alternately convey melodic elation and gritty world-weariness, Morin crafts an inimitable style often characterized as acoustic Native Americana with qualities of blues, bluegrass, jazz, jam, reggae, and dance. "A man and a guitar, a lot of soul, and an understanding of the history of soulful men with guitars in American music can sometimes achieve this kind of timelessness in their work…,” comments Richard Higgs (Public Radio Tulsa). “Cary Morin has the chops and is one of the best acoustic pickers on the scene today. [His] performances…would stand out, variously, among the old-school delta blues pliers, the Greenwich Village folk crowd at the end of the 1950s, the back-to nature bards of the late '60s, or today's thriving singer/songwriter scene. Morin references all these styles; they're in his vocabulary, but he's no dilettante. His engaging sound is his alone..." Morin’s third solo release, Tiny Town, follows close on the heels of an international tour that spanned the U.S. and reached as far as France and Denmark. Crow tribal member and son of an air force officer, Morin was born in Billings, Montana. He spent the bulk of his youth in Great Falls, where he cut his teeth picking guitar standards at neighborhood get-togethers, before relocating to Northern Colorado. There, his musical career hit the ground running with The Atoll, a band he founded in 1989 and that toured nationally, gaining a devoted following. Later, he achieved international acclaim with The Pura Fé Trio, for whom the single “Ole Midlife Crisis,” which Morin wrote and performed with Pura Fé, placed at number 17 on France’s iTunes blues chart. With The Atoll and The Pura Fé Trio, and as a solo artist, Morin has played celebrated venues across the globe, including Paris Jazz Festival, Winter Park Jazz Festival, Folk Alliance International, River People Festival, Shakori Hills Festival, the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, And most recently Rochefort En Accords festival in France and The Copenhagen Blues Festival. Morin’s stage credits also include Tribe at the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix, and co-authorship of Turtle Island a 50-member production that played two consecutive years to sold-out audiences in Northern Colorado. With the Red Willow Dancers, he was a guest of the internationally renowned Kodo Drummers, performing at their 1998 Spring Festival and additional dates in Japan. He has produced or performed on over 15 recordings, and has toured across the US, as well as Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Belgium, Denmark, and the UK. Morin’s performances have reached millions on national TV in Japan, France, and the UK, as well as on national radio in the US (NPR’s Beale Street Caravan), UK (BBC’s Whose London), France (RFI), Switzerland, and Belgium. For two consecutive years (2013 and 2014), Cary won the Colorado Blues Challenge Solo Championship. He was also nominated for Aboriginal Entertainer of the Year and Best Blues CD in the Aboriginal People's Choice Music Awards. In 2013, he received a Lifetime achievement award from the Fort Collins Music Association (FoCoMA) and won the Colorado Fan Favorite Poll in the blues category for his second solo release, Streamline. In addition to his solo pursuits, Cary Morin performs with Young Ancients, a collaboration with John Magnie and Steve Amedée of The Subdudes. For more information, visit CaryMorin.com, and follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. www.CaryMorin.com
by C. Di Iorio
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Anna Lynch Locked Topic 0 A. Lynch Anna Lynch: Solo Act. Genre: Folk/ Country Website: http://www.annalynchmusic.com/listen Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLSa_OrEDIs"  Lynch's voice is consistantly charming and rich, tinged with a hint of experience that some young singers lack." -Jerie Kopet, Anchorage Press    "Anna Lynch has created something real that you can endlessly fall into love with. There is a compelling honesty to the writing and a clear truth to the delivery of every single line." -Kurt Reinmann, Sound Engineer   Anna Lynch is a Songwriter who has recently relocated to Portland, OR from Alaska. She is best known for her intricate songwriting, and a soulful beyond-her-years delivery. With heavy influences in traditional folk music and county, Lynch crafts simple and nostalgic performances that command any room. Lynch is the Recipient of The Rasmusson Foundation Individual Artist Award, and Alaska Song of The Year in the Bluegrass Category in 2013.  
by A. Lynch
Anna Lynch Locked Topic 0 A. Lynch     Anna Lynch: Solo Act. Genre: Folk/ Country Website: http://www.annalynchmusic.com/listen Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLSa_OrEDIs" Lynch's voice is consistently charming and rich, tinged with a hint of experience that some young singers lack." -Jerie Kopet, Anchorage Press    "Anna Lynch has created something real that you can endlessly fall into love with. There is a compelling honesty to the writing and a clear truth to the delivery of every single line." -Kurt Reinmann, Sound Engineer   Anna Lynch is a Songwriter who has recently relocated to Portland, OR from Alaska. She is best known for her intricate songwriting, and a soulful beyond-her-years delivery. With heavy influences in traditional folk music and county, Lynch crafts simple and nostalgic performances that command any room. Lynch is the Recipient of The Rasmusson Foundation Individual Artist Award, and Alaska Song of The Year in the Bluegrass Category in 2013.  
by A. Lynch
Ana Egge & The Sentimentals Locked Topic 0 A. Egge   CONTACT INFO: PHONE: 718-724-3267 EMAIL: anaegge2000@yahoo.com CATEGORY OF FOLK: Americana/Folk LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY/Copenhagen, DK DESCRIPTION OF MUSIC: For the first time in a career with many highlights (including recordings with Steve Earle and Ron Sexsmith), Egge gave herself over to a collaborative process, working with Danish indie band The Sentimentals to write and record the songs on "Say That Now" in Copenhagen. Egge’s signature blend of American prairie folk mixed with clarion-call country shines through. On “Promises to Break,” their combined voices rise in glorious church-steeple harmony. It’s a song Egge and Hansen wrote together that speaks to the universality of forbidden love: “On my shoulder’s my hometown I’m trying to escape / On my hand is the number for calling your name / It’s a matter of leaving before my lies come true / Before my hometown finds out about you.” Hansen’s subsequent song “He’s a Killer Now” is a heart-rending meditation on the kind of terrorism currently gripping Europe, looking at the tragic deaths in a 2015 Danish shooting from a mother’s perspective. “Away We Go Again” is Egge’s attempt to grapple with the shock of Michael Brown’s tragic death and the Ferguson protests. With good friends and loving family around them, Ana Egge & The Sentimentals found the space to create an album that looks both inward to the human journey and outward to the communities we build to survive this trip. We'd love to play your private showcase at Folk Alliance this year! Check out our FB for more info: https://www.facebook.com/saythatnow/
by A. Egge
Ana Egge & The Sentimentals Locked Topic 0 A. Egge CONTACT INFO: PHONE: 718-724-3267 EMAIL: anaegge2000@yahoo.com CATEGORY OF FOLK: Americana/Folk LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY/Copenhagen, DK DESCRIPTION OF MUSIC: For the first time in a career with many highlights (including recordings with Steve Earle and Ron Sexsmith), Egge gave herself over to a collaborative process, working with Danish indie band The Sentimentals to write and record the songs on "Say That Now" in Copenhagen. Egge’s signature blend of American prairie folk mixed with clarion-call country shines through. On “Promises to Break,” their combined voices rise in glorious church-steeple harmony. It’s a song Egge and Hansen wrote together that speaks to the universality of forbidden love: “On my shoulder’s my hometown I’m trying to escape / On my hand is the number for calling your name / It’s a matter of leaving before my lies come true / Before my hometown finds out about you.” Hansen’s subsequent song “He’s a Killer Now” is a heart-rending meditation on the kind of terrorism currently gripping Europe, looking at the tragic deaths in a 2015 Danish shooting from a mother’s perspective. “Away We Go Again” is Egge’s attempt to grapple with the shock of Michael Brown’s tragic death and the Ferguson protests. With good friends and loving family around them, Ana Egge & The Sentimentals found the space to create an album that looks both inward to the human journey and outward to the communities we build to survive this trip. We'd love to play your private showcase at Folk Alliance this year! Check out our FB for more info: https://www.facebook.com/saythatnow/
by A. Egge
The Sea The Sea Locked Topic 0 C. Costa 203-444-2448 theseathesea.booking@gmail.com indie folk Albany, NY THE SEA THE SEA is an Upstate New York based indie folk-pop duo-band featuring what Huffington Post calls, “Two of the loveliest male-female voices you might ever hear this or any other year.” Their 2014 debut release, Love We Are We Love, received praise from NPR, American Songwriter, and No Depression, among others, gathering over 10 million streams on Spotify. The animated video for their song "Waiting" sparked viral interest including Buzzfeed, Pitchfork, and inclusion at the international TED 2015 conference. Mountain Stage host Larry Groce calls them "ready to take their place among the best young male/female duos now performing." Their 2016 release, the six-song EP In the Altogether, recently earned features by Apple Music including Best of the Week and A-List Singer/Songwriter. www.theseathesea.com  
by C. Costa

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal