DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artists
|<
<
1 |
| 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Priscilla Sanders 0 P. Sanders   Biting satire-heartfelt ballads-wit and humor Contact:  615-571-3565 Email:  sanders.priscilla@gmail.com Website:  www.priscillasanders.com Category of Folk: Singer/Songwriter Location:  Nashville, TN Bio:  Priscilla Sanders’ live shows engage her audience with songs that range from personal storytelling to tackling relevant current issues with her understated, yet biting satire mixed with ironic humor. In 2015, Priscilla returned to her hometown of Nashville after living in Maui, Hawaii for several years where she wrote and sang with a variety of artists.  Since coming to Nashville, she has dug into furthering her songwriting and is recording her new 2018 release in January, her first CD since 2004’s Ride a Wave with Me. Priscilla developed and teaches “Lyrics & Literature” songwriting workshops for schools and libraries, in which kids and young adults write songs about a book they have read.  She a masters in elementary education and taught for several years.  Her background also includes acting, improv and stand-up comedy.   She has written three one-woman shows and performed them in New York, Los Angeles and throughout Tennessee. I would love to play your showcase!  You can check out more videos and demos at my website.  Thank you!    
by P. Sanders
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Get Your Fix With Medicinal Purposes (Duo) at Your Showcase 0 Medicinal Purposes   Website:http://medicinalpurposesduo.com/ Contact: 815-291-4497 Email:MedicinalPurposesDuo.com   HI, Scott and Pearl here from Medicinal Purposes. We wanted to let you know that Medicinal Purposes is an Americana/Blues duo from the Midwest's "Driftless" region. Our music ranges from heartfelt original ballads (The Final Word) to the slightly whimsical alt-country duet (We Survived) "Nashville". With an occasional foray into rockabilly and boogie, we are entertaining and genuine performers who love what we do and we hope that our passion shows in every performance. We perform over 150 shows a year at festivals, clubs, house concerts, back porches, concert stages, and a train station! Our debut album "That's What I'm Talking About" includes some highly entertaining moments with songs like "Pork Chops" (the sing along break up song) and "This Cowgirl Ain't For You", a real cowgirl's take on Nashville's pre-worn denim, hipster-cowboy wannabes. The album is produced and engineered by 9-time Grammy nominee John Jacob (Maria Muldaur, Kingston Trio, Dan Hicks, etc.) and was recorded at John's Small Treasures Studios in San Jose, Ca.  His pure dedication to getting the perfect performances out of everyone and then making the perfect mix, is nothing short of awe-inspiring. The following guest artists are also guilty of elevating this project to another level with their perfect performances: T Bruce Bowers and his one man, 5 string orchestra. Pete Grant and his ZB Pedal Steel as well as his Clinesmith 10 string resonator. Jimmy Norris and his drumset, which is basically any object he can reach with a stick, brush or hand. Rick Alegria and his congas and coconuts Take a listen and we think you will agree that they all gave stellar performances.
by Medicinal Purposes
Dan Weber: Award Winning Songwriter seeking Private Showcases 0 D. Weber   Dan Weber   Category of Folk: Traditional Folk/Americana, Storyteller Website: www.danwebermusic.com Email:  highway142@comcast.net Phone: 360-737-7737 Location: Vancouver, Washington   Description of Music I’m a former Park Ranger and a Storyteller at heart. I’m an old-school Troubadour and tour extensively and I still love a good campfire and sleeping under the stars. I'd Love to be considered to play in your Private Showcase! Here’s what some other nice folks have said about me: “I love Dan’s songs and he tells really good stories.” - Ramblin’ Jack Elliott, Legendary Folk Troubadour   “Guthrie-esque and reminiscent of early John Prine” - Mike Davies, Fatea Magazine, UK   "A GREAT storyteller. Insightful, engaging and awfully funny!" - Catherine Wood, Concert at the Woods   “A rare combination of wit, emotion and vivid, Harry Chapin-esque imagery.” - Rick Foster, The Sun Chronicle   “4 Stars: The touch of a true Master Craftsman Songwriter.” - Alan Cackett, Maverick Magazine, UK   "A master storyteller with a great sense of humor." - Craig Bernhardt, Beggar’s Banquet Concerts   "Where his genius truly lies is in his ability to connect and uplift an audience." - Denice Bruce, Badger Mountain Sessions   Bio: Award Winning songwriter Dan Weber has been described as “The Classic Mid-Life Overnight Sensation.” A gifted storyteller & engaging performer, Weber won the prestigious Winfield NewSong contest for his tribute to Woody Guthrie & is a rare 3 time finalist in the legendary Kerrville New Folk contest. An ex-Park Ranger, Eagle Scout, Altar boy and lifelong ‘Deadhead’, he left his Rochester, NY hometown in 1989 in a beat-up ‘78 Pontiac Trans-Am with ‘a guy named Joe’ he’d met in a bar the night before, and never looked back.   Weber began performing later in life but quickly won over audiences with his upbeat performances and off-the-cuff hilarious stories from the many roads he’s traveled. His songs have been described as “Guthrie-esque and reminiscent of early John Prine” and “insightful and awfully funny”. None other than legendary Folk troubadour Ramblin’ Jack Elliott said “I love Dan’s songs and he tells really good stories.” Born in Rochester, NY, he now lives in Vancouver, WA.
by D. Weber
"Paper Wings" FAI Debut 0 W. Frankzerda Americana Folk duo, "Paper Wings", will be making their Folk Alliance debut in 2018 and are currently seeking showcases.  Website: paperwingsmusic.com Phone: 541.602.4221 Email: wfrankzerda@gmail.com Folk Category: Traditional Americana Emily Mann and Wilhelmina Frankzerda of "Paper Wings" have a refreshingly intimate sound and capture their listeners with their deep traditional old-time Appalachian and Indie influences. Both originally from the west coast, they are now based out of Berkeley, CA and Nashville, TN. Their stunning vocal harmonies soar over a rotating cast of clawhammer banjo, guitar, and fiddles. These two blossoming songwriters have a unique way of weaving traditional music in to their thoughtfully crafted songs leaving you feeling nostalgic and exhilarated. Their self-titled debut album was released in February 2017. Paper Wings is a genuine intertwining of two souls you won't soon forget. "What a gorgeous, big-hearted and masterfully played bunch of songs and tunes from two of the best musicians I know." – Kristin Andreassen of Uncle Earl, Sometymes Why "Simply crafted and executed, these songs bring an innovative and timeless sound to their music. Paper Wings will be a new addition to fans of old-time and traditional stylings" -Bluegrass Unlimited More about Wilhelmina and Emily: Originally from Oregon, Wilhelmina Frankzerda is an extraordinary young talent widely recognized for her impressive fiddle playing and profound songwriting. At just 19, she has won the National Twin Fiddle Championship, performed on the Grand Ol’ Opry, and been twice selected to participate in the Savannah Music Seminar. She released her first album of all original songs featuring chamber-grass trio, the Bee Eaters in 2015. Emily Mann is a California native with her heart in the old Appalachian mountains. She studied with old-time legends such as Paul Brown, Alice Gerrard, Bruce Molsky, and John Herrmann and has established herself as one of the most gifted and capable up and coming musicians in the traditional music scene. She has performed with Darol Anger, Aoife O'Donovan, Sean Watkins, Laurie Lewis, Abigail Washburn, and more.
by W. Frankzerda
Emily Mure - Seeking private showcases 0 E. Mure Hi there!  This will be my first time at Folk Alliance International.  I am looking forward to it and I'd love to play your showcase room. -- Website: http://www.emilymure.com/ Contact: emilymure@gmail.com Phone: (646) 596-6743   "The first time I heard Emily Mure sing was 2am in the swirling chaos of a music conference.  Unfazed, delicate and fierce, she stood poised singing confidently like a wise oak tree.  That's what she does. Her music is deeply grounded and heavenly at the same time. She is quietly confident and roaring with passion. In this uncertain chaotic world, we need voices like Emily Mure to heal us, to remind us who we are, and to give us places to rest our hearts" - Joe Crookston   New York City native Emily Mure released her third album in September 2017.  In September, the record was #7 on the Folk DJ charts and Mure was the #9 top artist.  This past November, she was a semi-formal showcase artist and was presented by Boston's WUMB for the Suzi Wollenberg Folk DJ showcase.   Mure’s songwriting has been recognized in prestigious national competitions (Falcon Ridge Folk Festival, Telluride Bluegrass Festival) and has been featured on networks including NBC, ABC and PBS. As a live performer, she has shared the stage with notable musicians including Darlingside, Joe Crookston, The Bones of J.R. Jones, and the Duhks.   
by E. Mure
Matthew Michael & Christina Marie 0 C. Eltrevoog First Time FAI conference attendees from rural Illinois. Our music draws from a variety of influences. You'll hear the stylings of classic folk songwriters flavored with blues, bluegrass, old jazz, gospel and infused with contemporary freshness. We have no claim to fame, but we have shared the stage with 2017 FARM Official Showcase Artists of Escaping Pavement. We play in the city. We play in the sticks. We play in the church. We play in the club. We've toured the Midwest and West Coast, but we haven't played an FAI showcase in Kansas City, MO. If you invite us, we believe you won't regret it! Hope you enjoy! M+C Facebook.com/matthewandchristina matthewandchristinamusic@gmail.com 815-228-5295
by C. Eltrevoog
Monday, December 4, 2017
Matthew Michael & Christina Marie 0 C. Eltrevoog First Time FAI conference attendees from rural Illinois. Our music draws from a variety of influences. You'll hear the stylings of classic folk songwriters flavored with blues, bluegrass, old jazz, gospel and infused with contemporary freshness. We have no claim to fame, but we have shared the stage with 2017 FARM Official Showcase Artists of Escaping Pavement. We play in the city. We play in the sticks. We play in the church. We play in the club. We've toured the Midwest and West Coast, but we haven't played an FAI showcase in Kansas City, MO. If you invite us, we believe you won't regret it! Hope you enjoy! M+C Facebook.com/matthewandchristina matthewandchristinamusic@gmai.com 815-228-5295
by C. Eltrevoog
Monday, December 4, 2017
Dave Tamkin - Seeking Showcase to Play and Promote the Hell Out Of! 0 D. Tamkin Hey Everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out on behalf of singer/songwriter, DaveTamkin. He resides in Boulder, CO, and has been touring in support of his new EP including shows throughout the East Coast, Midwest, UK, and Ireland. Dave will be attending Folk Alliance for the first time in Februaryand I'm wondering if you have any interest in hosting him for a showcase.   He is excellent at promoting and marketing all his shows so be certain he will promote any slots he has the opportunity of playing.   I have included information about DaveTamkin and materials for you below, including videos from his most recent East Coast tour recorded at Daytrotter and City Winery in NYC. If you need anything else to consider having him, please let me know. Thanks for considering and I look forward to hearing from you soon. About the DaveTamkin: Website/ Music/ Facebook Singer/Songwriter, DaveTamkin, currently resides in Boulder, CO. He has created his own unique style of rhythmic-acoustic sound that’s based on a fresh musical vision. His shows vary from intimate solo acoustic performances to a full band experience encapsulating a mixture of personal lyrics and skilled songwriting set against a high-energy percussive backbone. He’s shared the stage with Guster, Brendan James, Rusted Root, Donavon Frankenreiter, Butch Walker, Freddy Jones Band, Eric Hutchinson, Willy Porter, Daphne Willis and Peter Mulvey to name a few. Tamkin has a style that’s hard to resist. His lyrics are unabashedly honest and his passion for playing is undying.  Watch: Cellar Sessions: Dave Tamkin - Fly Me September 2017 - City Winery NY ATTACHED   Dave Tamkin: Live at The Horseshack - Daytrotter  / Paste Magazine September 2017 : https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/11/dave-tamkin-full-session.html   Little World - Dave Tamkin and Brad Huffman : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIGXYmhUJj0 Social Media:  Facebook: 7,989 / https://www.facebook.com/DaveTamkinMusic Twitter Followers:  1,281 /https://twitter.com/davetamkin Instagram: 1,639 /https://www.instagram.com/davetamkin       Best Regards, Heather Fashone Booking Agent BIG FISH BOOKING CO. heather@bigfishbookingco.com "Bringing the best quality American bands to audiences around the world." Currently Booking: Dosh, Dave Tamkin, Ryan Joseph Anderson, Dave King Trucking Company, Dave King Trio, Dan Weiss Metal Jazz Quintet, Chris Speed Trio, Hanging Hearts, Greg Ward II, Cole DeGenova, Drobka/Weller Duo, Hood Smoke
by D. Tamkin
Monday, December 4, 2017
Kirsten Maxwell - Seeking Private Showcases 0 K. Maxwell   Hi Folk Alliance! I am looking froward to attending Folk Alliance for the second time. I'm filling out my private showcase schedule and I would love to play your room. Email: Kmaxwellmusic@gmail.com Phone: 516-225-8489 Some info about me: Her voice has been compared to Baccarat crystal, her lyrics, rich with poetry and passion, and her guitar playing, a perfectly delicate accompaniment to her craft. To top it all off singer/songwriter Kirsten Maxwell is as endearing off stage as she is in the spotlight. This up and coming artist proves herself worthy of such acclaim time and time again, earning awards for songwriting and performance across the U.S. She has opened for folk luminaries including Bill Staines and Vance Gilbert, and rock icon Melissa Etheridge.    To quote Jon Stein WTBQ, “I never thought I’d ever hear a voice as angelic and mesmerizing as I did when I first listened to Joan Baez some 50 years ago, but then I heard the voice, songs and melodies of Kirsten Maxwell.” Awards &Accolades Most Wanted Artist at Falcon Ridge Folk Festival 2017  NERFA Formal Showcase Artist 2017 Kerrville New Folk Finalist 2016  Winner of the South Florida Folk Festival Singer Songwriter Competition 2016 Official Showcase Artist at the South East Regional Folk Alliance (SERFA) Conference 2016 Official Showcase Artist at the South West Regional Folk Alliance (SWRFA) Conference 2016 TriCentric Showcase Artist at the North East Regional Folk Alliance (NERFA) Conference 2016 First place in a contest sponsored by the Rhode Island Songwriters Association (RISA) 2015 Suzie Wollenberg Folk DJ Showcase at the Northeast Regional Folk Alliance (NERFA) Conference 2015
by K. Maxwell
Monday, December 4, 2017
Roosevelt Dime - Bring the Boogie to your showcase room 0 A. Green Contact Info Phone: 718-344-8329 Email: info@rooseveltdimemusic.com Category of Folk: Americana Rhythm & Blues Location:Brooklyn, NY Description of Music Seamlessly combining the feel-good groove of classic Rhythm and Blues with acoustic Americana instrumentation, Roosevelt Dime has crafted an infectious style and sound truly their own. Eben Pariser fronts the band with searingly soulful vocals, belted and whispered with a passion and panache straight from the juke joints. Andrew Green's innovative piano-inspired banjo style, equal parts boogie woogie and bluegrass, lock in with the New Orleans clave rhythms of Tony Montalbano's drums and Craig Akin's syncopated upright bass. The swampy chords and swinging blues lines of Pariser's semi-hollow electric guitar thicken the sound further still. By following the strains of Americana back to its roots, they not only combine aspects of different genres, but challenge the notion of these differences at their core. Hailing from Brooklyn, New York, the band started in the age old New Orleans street busking tradition, only it was the bustling avenues of the Big Apple rather than the Big Easy that first nurtured their sound. All walks of life were drawn to the undeniable positivity and crowd-sourced spontaneity at these revelries, and this literal grassroots community-building stuck with the band as they took their joyous beat from the city's parks and subways to seek that same heartfelt connection with audiences worldwide. Armed with original songs of hope, love, and conviction that sound birthed from the cradle of American music yet still crucially relevant to the times in which we live, their performances are a “perpetual crowd pleaser” (NY Times) in any setting. http://rooseveltdimemusic.com/
by A. Green
Monday, December 4, 2017
Want one of the best vocalists in the building? Megan Jean & the KFB 1 31 Tigers I second the best vocalist comment. Saw this group last year and was so grateful to have found them
by A. Nygard
Monday, December 4, 2017
Listening Room Retreats PGS Showcase Room Open To All Artists 0 B. Perkins p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; color: #232323} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; color: #232323; min-height: 15.0px} p.p3 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; color: #1255cc} span.s1 {letter-spacing: 0.0px} span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; letter-spacing: 0.0px} span.s3 {text-decoration: underline ; letter-spacing: 0.0px; color: #1255cc} Artists interested in performing in the Listening Room Retreats PGS Acoustic Showcase at Folk Alliance 2018 are welcome to register now.   The 30 minute slots, inclusive of set and tear down, are available for $40. per spot, and confirmed on a first paid basis, to all performers registered for the conference - as required by Folk Alliance - with the price inclusive of a hosted acoustic showcase room with ample seating, ambience and promotion of all performers.   Artists are welcome to book a maximum of four, non-consecutive sets by writing to brettperkinsdk@gmail.com   A regularly updated schedule can be viewed via the following link:   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AYUyf8l-0oVHSXW5zYu-zy5gg20nFhvUlpxSxY6V_3w/edit?usp=sharing   I recommend responding asap with your preferred and secondary preferences of date(s) and times(s).   All showcase artists who apply are entitled to a $100. discount off any of the eight 2018 Listening Room International Songwriter Retreats, beginning January 7-13 in Ben Lomand, California and will be added to the Listening Room monthly newsletter list to receive regular updates.   Looking forward to hopefully welcoming you on the showcase!   Brett www.listeningroomretreats.com 
by B. Perkins
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Amanda St John: Irish (Soulful) Singer-Singer Available for Showcase gigs 0 A. St John Amanda St John: "Head-turning vocalist with serous song writing prowess.........a sensational artist" Visit Dublin   Category: Soul/Blues Singer Songwriter   Hometown: Belfast, Northern Ireland   Phone: (+44) 7540 927 887 (UK)   Email: amandastjohnmusic@gmail.com   Website: www.amandastjohnmusic.co.uk EPK: https://www.amandastjohnmusic.co.uk/epk   Live Performances:  If I Should Fall (original) https://www.facebook.com/SlemishSessions/videos/1667659843547362/   Running Up That Hill (Kate Bush Cover) https://www.facebook.com/WhisperingBobTV/videos/632945913568110/   Music Videos:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E0ARd-r1HY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K4RsZqFgoA https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=amanda+st+john+you+blew+it    Description Amanda St John is a soulful singer-songwriter from Northern Ireland. She is a mainstay on the Northern Irish radio, festival and gig circuit and has been described as "An incredible vocal performer and songwriter" by BBC Radio Ulster’s Ralph McLean. Her debut album 'Grow' was launched in May 2016 and has received rave reviews and worldwide airplay including a national advert campaign for The Rio Olympics for the title track ‘Grow’. She has worked with artists like Brian Kennedy, Duke Special, Ciaran Gribbin (of INXS) and Jon Tiven (Grammy winning Nashville writer/producer who has worked with BB King, Van Morrison and The Rolling Stones etc...). Gaining substantial media interest in Ireland and the UK including extensive airplay on the BBC and RTE; Amanda has started to gain nationwide interest in the UK with recent live sessions on BBC Radio London as well as recording for legendary broadcaster ‘Whispering’ Bob Harris (BBC Radio 2). Known for her passionate and powerful live performances Amanda is fast establishing herself as one of Ireland’s leading vocalists, with a hugely successful tour of UK and Ireland in 2016/2017 and a US Tour in April 2018 she really is one to watch!   Please contact Amanda directly at amandastjohnmusic@gmail.com to book her for a private showcase   Examples of Press: "The songs echo jazz/soul/gospel greats such as Etta James, Odetta and Billie Holiday." The Irish Times "Head-turning vocalist with serous song writing prowess.........a sensational artist" Visit Dublin "Amanda St John is totally in control of her craft and could be a huge international star". John Kearns The Irish News and Cool FM "Wow, a beautiful, beautiful voice" Gaby Roslin, BBC Radio London "Superb soulful vocals with stunning, heartfelt lyrics" Blues Matters Magazine  
by A. St John
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Newpoli: Mediterranean pulse - Ritmi della terra 0 Newpoli NEWPOLI Mediterranean pulse - Ritmi della terra   Called "...a brilliant outfit...who grab southern Italian traditional music by the neck and recast it in a dramatic style" bySonglines(UK), Newpoli is a unique group with a powerful sound and a 21st-century take on their tradition that is beyond comparison. With exciting interpretations of traditionals and originals that draw deeply from one of the world's lesser known folk music sources, Newpoli is Italy's next inspiring interpreter of southern Italy's Taranta tradition. The group stirs up a mesmerizing sound that melds southern Italian folk music, Greek and Turkish grooves, Mediterranean and Spanish colors, and a contemporary sensibility they call “Mediterranean Pulse - Ritmi della Terra.” Newpoli is fronted by singers Carmen Marsico and Angela Rossi, a pair thatPopMattersin 2016 called “…visual and musical cynosures with their contrasting looks and twining vocal lines.” In concert you’ll hear the tamburello, played by virtuoso Fabio Pirozzolo, pounding out the heartbeat of Newpoli’s music, the two female singers will start up a wild, frenetic dance, and you’ll have a hard time sitting still! The tempo is high and the drama and passion can be heard in every note! WEBSITE http://www.newpolimusic.com OFFICIAL VIDEOS Nun te Vutà: http://bit.ly/2j61Qhs Bazaar: http://bit.ly/199g7DQ LIVE VIDEOS Nun te Vutà LIVE: http://bit.ly/2jhTzXd Ué Uaillí LIVE: http://bit.ly/2j6c55D LISTEN https://soundcloud.com/newpoli EPK pdf: http://bit.ly/2jrjW12 video: http://bit.ly/2jrdXZT SELECTED QUOTES "...passion and excitment!" fRoots, UK “Newpoli whirl through the rich, edgy kaleidoscope of southern Italian Music” New York Music Daily, US “…an hour of uninterrupted joy.” World Music Review, Canada "...singers Angela Rossi and Carmen Marsico are outstanding." Folker, Germany Awards - Winner Best World Traditional Album IMA 2016 - Finalist Best World Traditional Song IMA 2016 - Finalist USA Songwriting Competition 2016 - Premio Nazionale Città Di Loano Per La Musica Tradizionale 2014 & 2016 - Nominated by JPF for Best World Music European Album 2017 - Nominated by JPF for Best World Music European Song 2017   BOOKING: booking@newpolimusic.com       Tel. 001 617-7921395 LOCATION:  Boston, MA   WEBSITE:  http://newpolimusic.com  
by Newpoli
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Eljuri - Official 2018 Showcase Artist seeking Private Showcases 0 Manovill Records Thank you for hosting a private showcase at the upcoming 2018 Folk Alliance International in Kansas City!   Please consider Eljuri for a slot in your showcase. She is a revered story teller and genre fuser. She is a powerhouse Latina artivist living in NYC who tours internationally sharing her music and message of empowerment. Touted as one of the top Latina electric guitar players in the world, she navigates through the musical landscapes of her Ecuadorian, Spanish and Lebanese heritage all presented with an elegant and socially conscious voice. As a musical artivist for Immigrant and Women’s Rights, Eljuri has her guitar strings and voice on the pulse of some of the most timely issues that echo through our communities.    Eljuri and her power trio are honored to be performing in an official FAI showcase this year on Friday February 16th: http://www.folkconference.org/OSA    In addition to touring as a power trio, Eljuri does “unplugged” shows.  Eljuri: 'La Lucha’ (unplugged trio): https://www.facebook.com/eljuri/videos/10210512749876259/ Eljuri: ‘Nunca Volveré’ (unplugged duo): https://www.facebook.com/eljuri/videos/10213041196805852/ Eljuri: ‘Paloma’ (solo acoustic): https://youtu.be/87cMPI9XUaA?t=8m1s   Bilingual video EPK to learn more about the artist: https://youtu.be/IQtd0J5um9E Complete website with Six Song Playlist: www.eljurimusic.com   I hope you will take the time to listen to Eljuri her music and her message and I really appreciate you keeping Eljuri in mind when you are connecting your showcase audience with empowering international artists of conscience. We would love to to hear back from you and appreciate your consideration in advance.   Peace, Alexandra   Alexandra Gatje General Manager Manovill Records 917.744.9464 Skype: eljurimusic www.eljurimusic.com www.facebook.com/eljurimusic www.twitter.com/eljuri www.instagram.com/eljurimusic www.youtube.com/eljurimusic www.sonicbids.com/eljuri
by Manovill Records
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Irish singer songwriter Ciara O'Neill 0 C. O'Neill p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 13.0px} span.s1 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none} span.s2 {font-kerning: none} p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 13.0px} span.s1 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none} span.s2 {font-kerning: none} Ciara O’Neill   Category: Singer Songwriter   Hometown: Belfast, Northern Ireland   Phone: (+44) 7821 082 202 (UK)   Email: ciaraoneillmusic@gmail.com   Website: www.ciaraoneillmusic.com    Other Music Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wGT5RAIV8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKRqJuMwFy0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjToMQj8As   Description:   Hailing from the darker edge of the folk spectrum, Irish singer songwriter Ciara O’Neill has spent much of the last two years in Nashville TN writing with Grammy winning and hit songwriters Don Henry, Gary Burr and Max T Barnes, performing in The legendary Bluebird Cafe as well as touring her critically acclaimed debut album ‘The Ebony Trail’ in the UK/Ireland.   With songs showcasing her ‘beautiful, haunting vocals’, ‘poetic songwriting’ and ‘complex and subtle guitar playing’ Ciara is set to release her follow up album ‘Arrow’ in May 2018.   Please contact Ciara directly at ciaraoneillmusic@gmail.com to book her for a private showcase   go raibh maith agat (Thankyou) :)   “Beautiful songs, beautiful voice” Ralph McLean, BBC Radio   “Such is the power of Ciara’s voice, and her stories, the music is required to be subtle and gentle.  A beautiful and oddly sinister collection of songs” David O’Reilly, BBC Radio
by C. O'Neill
Aleksi Campagne 0 A. Campagne p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 9.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 9.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 11.0px} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}   Location: Montreal Phone: 514-774-4871 Email:  info@aleksicampagne.com Style:  Songwriter; styles ranging from folk, to jazz to pop Website: aleksicampagne.com   This violinist/singer/songwriter may be young, but he is no stranger to the stage. Aleksi Campagne grew up playing Folk music with Juno Award winning Canadian Singer/Songwriter Connie Kaldor, studied classical violin, but his musicality and authenticity truly had a chance to flourish during his two years of Jazz Violin tutelage with world class Jazz Violin Legend Didier Lockwood in Paris. Since then, he has continued expanding his musical breadth, still playing large Folk festivals across Canada with Connie Kaldor, filling the lead guitar role on distorted violin in the Montreal band The History of Gunpowder, and writing/arranging and leading the Aleksi Campagne Band. Basically, he’s taking the violin where everybody says he shouldn't, until they hear him play. Excelling in every aspect of his craft, from singing to playing to songwriting, Aleksi is the exception to every rule in the book.   Check out more videos and songs on his website   Aleksi is fortunate enough to be accompanying Connie Kaldor at her official showcase at FAI 2018, and would love to play for your showcase and share Aleksi Campagne Band’s first EP to be released in early February! 
by A. Campagne
Aerialists - Scottish / Canadian prog-trad 0 Aerialists Contact Info Phone: +1-250-858-0279 Email: aerialistsmusic@gmail.com Website: http://aerialistsmusic.com Location: Toronto / Isle of Skye Category: Contemporary Celtic / Nordic 2018 Official Showcasing Artists  ________________________________ Transatlantic quintet Aerialists meld their ferociously creative harmonic sensibilities and deep love for folk traditions into a post-rock coloured sound called prog-trad. Featuring Scottish harpist Màiri Chaimbeul (Darol Anger & The Furies, Brìghde Chaimbeul), and Canadian neo-folk innovators Adam Iredale-Gray (Fish & Bird, Jenny Ritter) on guitar and Elise Boeur (Jenny Ritter) on fiddle, the group draws from the wells of Nordic and Gaelic music, adding expansive textures and meticulously sculpted arrangements to create captivating, genre-defying new music. Listen to their new album Group Manoeuvre here! "A veritable (prog-trad) folk super-group whose next moves promise to be extraordinary" - David Morrison, Folk Radio UK (UK) "Group Manoeuvre... is cunning, exhilarating and at times almost emotionally overwhelming" - Maddy Cristall, CBC (CAN)                                                                                                                                                                              
by Aerialists
Kyle Carey - 'Gaelic Americana' 0 K. Carey Contact Phone - 603-520-7462 Contact E-mail - julie@kyleannecarey.com & kyleannecarey@gmail.com   Category - Gaelic Americana Location - Brooklyn, NY  The ingredients of Kyle Carey’s music include the songs of the American Folk Anthology, the traditional music of Cape Breton, Ireland and Scotland, and the Appalachian poetry of Louise McNeill. A fluent Scottish Gaelic speaker, Kyle has released two albums—both critically acclaimed, both a direct and compelling expression of her unique ‘Gaelic Americana’ sound. Kyle's third full length album 'The Art of Forgetting' is due out on January 26th on the World Music Network's Riverboat Records. The album was produced by Dirk Powell and features special guests such as Rhiannon Giddens, John McCusker and Mike McGoldrick.  Please contact Kyle directly, or Julie Cowles at julie@kyleannecarey.com to set up a private showcase.  Website - www.kyleannecarey.com  Thank you! 
by K. Carey
Kray Van Kirk 6/12 string guitar 0 K. Van Kirk Kray Van Kirk Contact Info Phone: 707-616-1171 Email: kvk@krayvankirk.com Category: Singer-songwriter Location: California Description The wind is changing! Look sharp! Get out the map - it's time to go! We ride across a thousand pages and sail beyond the sunset, to seek, to find, to strive, and not to yield! I just moved from Alaska down to California to make touring a wee bit easier. Folk Alliance is where it all happens - the PGS nights are so much fun! I'd love to play your room. The website is HERE with songs, live video, reviews, and more. p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; } “what every singer-songwriter should aspire to” Borderline Folk Club, New York “The Alaskan singer-songwriter, in his Edinburgh debut, was not the reason I arrived early but was certainly why I stayed late” Daily Fringe Review, Edinburgh, Scotland  
by K. Van Kirk
Friday, December 1, 2017

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal